Stock gen 1 cans.

Bruce Bell

Registered
Anybody have some nice looking stock can for gen 1 they would like to sell. My mod. stock can won't pass inspection here in Maine, as of 07/12/10. Help!!!! :please:
My riding buddy is in the same boat.

Last edited:
Anybody have some nice looking stock can for gen 1 they would like to sell. My mod. stock can won't pass inspection here in Maine, as of 07/12/10. Help!!!! :please:
My riding buddy is in the same boat.
Who does your inspections? Is it done by a Govt. Official or just a licensed mechanic? Because if it's done by a mechanic, well, you should be able to work something out with him. - My mechanic says, "That exhaust system wasn't on there when you brought it in, was it?" To which I reply, "No." Then he fills out my paperwork and away I go.

i have my stock cans...can on right has couple scuffs in it...nothing major...i can send pics..

Who does your inspections? Is it done by a Govt. Official or just a licensed mechanic? Because if it's done by a mechanic, well, you should be able to work something out with him. - My mechanic says, "That exhaust system wasn't on there when you brought it in, was it?" To which I reply, "No." Then he fills out my paperwork and away I go.

Give him a $20 :whistle:

i have stock cans, undamaged. Been sittin in my closet for 3 years.

Give him a $20 :whistle:
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. He asks me that so that I know to tell the RTA officials that I had a stock exhaust on at the time of inspection, should I ever get busted for noise emissions. That way, he can't get into trouble for passing it.

The Super Trooper sees you got cut stocks, or if they are loud they can make you get a decibel reading. The pipe must have "DOT approved" stamped on them. New law started 07/12/10. Ticket start @ $130 to start.

The Super Trooper sees you got cut stocks, or if they are loud they can make you get a decibel reading. The pipe must have "DOT approved" stamped on them. New law started 07/12/10. Ticket start @ $130 to start.

Wow...what a bunch of :moon:

Time to MOVE...

Course I live in a state that will hit you for $1000 for a wheelie.

Back