Stator Cover Leak

Busa Boi 09

Registered
How do I fix my Stator Cover Leak?

I installed my new Stator Cover Friday night. I have about 50ish miles on it since I installed it. I just went outside to look at it and there is oil spray on the fairing aft of the Stator Cover. I am going to tear back aprt tomorrow, because I forgot to put thread lock on the Stator bolts. What should I look at to make sure it isn't still leaking after I put it back together?

Mani

Last edited:
Before you take it off, see if any of the bolts had backed out... depending on the type of cover you installed it may need to be tq checked after a few miles...

I think I found the culprit (sp) It is a clear cover and there are about 16 allen head screws on the outside of the cover (not the actual mounting screws) I. There is a little bit of oil build up on the bottom, outside of the cover. I am about to get some allen wrenches from my friendly airframe mechanics and go check them to see if they are loose. Will update when I get back.

Mani

The leak is gone but i have to pull it back off this weekend to put the thread lock on the stator screws. The good news is that it isn't leaking though. I will make a new thread and add the pics.

Mani

Back