Chrome stator cover from ebay

In my own experience, the chromed stuff leaks. You would be better to just save a bit more cash and buy a Woodcraft cover from Pashnit.

I bought it. Haven't installed it yet. But its a hard piece of chromed plastic. You just take your side fairing off and install it over your existing cover. It comes with a large piece of double sided tape. I think it will be just fine.

I think its cast aluminum
And most dont come with a gasket..
And if it comes with bolts dont use them because there cheap..

jbusa80 said:
I bought it. Haven't installed it yet. But its a hard piece of chromed plastic. You just take your side fairing off and install it over your existing cover. It comes with a large piece of double sided tape. I think it will be just fine.

Sorry i thought it was the actual chrome cover ...

The see through says this states

"100% billet aluminum , buy one cover can get one gasket for free , 100% guarantee not leak oil . very worth to buy ."

$134 with shipping from China.

I put it on yesterday. Fits right over existing cover. but still leaves access to bolts if you need to take the cover off without taking this chrome piece off. Once the fairings back on you can't tell its only a stick on.

The double sided tape didn't hold up to the heat so I siliconed the cover on. That holds it strong and it looks good for a cheap chrome mod.

Here you go.

IMG_20120515_211325.jpg

IMG_20120515_211349.jpg

IMG_20120515_211412.jpg

IMG_20120515_211431.jpg

IMG_20120515_211457.jpg

I had one put on last year, at first it wouldn't stick but after reading the direction you half to cut the double side tape up and spread it around the factory stator, make sure you clean the area really good.

It didn't come with directions. I just stuck the big piece in the middle. Oh well, silicone seems to be doing the trick though. I have no plan to take it off.

Back