Starting a New Job Tomorrow...

Congrats Rev!!
thumbs-up.gif
What shop and where?

WHOOO BOY!!! Rev working customers! What is the world coming too??
rock.gif

Here's wishing you luck (and a LOT of patience). Try to remember that ...
A: They don't know that they're a bobohead.
B: Even if they DO know, they can't help it.
tounge.gif

Seriously tho, at least with most people you'll be helping them with what they want ...
as opposed to dealing with those that have no choice (as in wrecked or broken bikes).

And it does beat flipping burgers!
wow.gif

Too bad ya scrammed before I could teach you the Raider way of housekeeping!
wink.gif
cool.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1248"|1111538044 -->

Congrats Revlis, sounds like a great opportunity.  

While browsing the other board a few weeks ago I noticed a post by Dennis (themotorhead) looking for a mechanic......$15-$16 an hour.  He's only a 40 minute drive from me, plus I rent, so I could move closer..........talk about drool................but I have no mechanical knowledge of a bike...........never went inside the engine of one. But I'm guessing I could work a great deal on one hell of a turbo.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, it great to take advantage of an opportunity when it comes along instead of letting it slip by and cry about it later.

Good luck

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111550430 -->

"REVLIS, The Parts/Accessories/Gear Guy!!!"

I dunno if I can sell a Damn thing

Anyhoo, Wish me luck folks...  
sellin' shid.

i dunno, you don't exactly have.... an' honest face.

but, wut the fug.... rev got a job, rev got a job.

good luck ya crafty eyed salesman.

DON"T even get me started on salesmen....

Damn Folks...
smile.gif
I am Feeling the love, Got me a warm N Fuzzy. Thanks a Bunch for all the Kind (AND UNKIND) words. They both work for me. Seriously I appreciate it. Unfortunetly now that I am actually working for a living I cannot camp out all day on the board... Sh!t, I dunno what I am going to do? Anyway, Thanks Bunch everyone really...

OK SO the first day went about as well as could be expected with NO idea what I am doing, and NO experiance selling Stuff.

MAN, we all need to take it easier on the parts-N-Accessories folks... Damn, I thought I new my bike parts, hell, I know NOTHING.... I mean, I had NO IDEA the depths I would have to plunge to find the plastic "Side Pieces" for a 1986 Honda Shadow, ST1100. FUG me... Not to mention the ATV "COVER" some guy wanted that turns out to be a LID for a toolbox... SHEESH...

BUT get me out from behind the counter milling about with folks looking for "oil" and asking questions about Gear, and gloves, and Helmets, (Promise I will NOT sell Arai To everyone, they'll get options.) etc... I do much better... But then a guy asks for a Snowmobile part... WTF?
laugh.gif

I got yelled at by one customer... Just one, I responded by saying "WHOA"!
smile.gif
I didn't even hop the counter... He he. Then he calmed down and things got hammered out.

Over all, it was a very trying day really. I think it will be fun once I settle in and figure out WTF I am doing? But there is alot more to know at the parts counter than I ever imagined, and the Special orders are non-stop. We'll see what happens, so far so good, and I got to wear Jeans to work... NICE...

smile.gif

I got yelled at by one customer...  Just one, I responded by saying "WHOA"!  
smile.gif
I didn't even hop the counter...  He he.  Then he calmed down and things got hammered out.  
ices_rofl.gif

For some reason I can picture this..
You just look up from your parts screen and with that innocent/I'm-gonna-kill-you look....and say "whoa!".
ices_rofl.gif

Priceless....

ices_rofl.gif

Being the guy on the other end of the counter sheds a whole new light on things. I have been doing Jeep parts now for about 10 years and it's amazing the attitudes you can get from some people.You just gotta remember one thing, There the ones with a broke bike , yours runs.
tounge.gif

Glad to hear all went well on the first day. Sales are difficult to say the least, good luck!!! Have fun!!!

You remind me of when I was 18 selling junk at Radio Shack. If only I had a nickel for every time someone came in looking for a "gadget" or a "whatchamacallit."

Sheesh!

--Wag--

I'm a little late again, but CONGRATS REV
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you are gainfully employed, and not just being a stud muffin for the Mrs.
laugh.gif

Now you will see some REALLY dumb questions from the the customers. Soon you'll understand just how dumb some people can be. I guess that explains all the warning labels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good Luck, glad you are OK at the new location
smile.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yer still a fuggin' pimp.

no, yer not even that good.

yer a bidge pimp, sellin' "For the man".

yer an' empty worthless vessel...

an' I'm here to fill ya up ....

Back