Starter doesn't engage

Falconfixer

Registered
2016, bone stock, 1k miles
Put key in ignition and turn it.
Gauge needles do the proper sweep.
Do NOT get the "Sound" of the fuel pump.
If I hit the starter button, no starter engagement, but do get head light dimming.
Battery is fully charged.

Fuse?

If I hit the starter button, no starter engagement, but do get head light dimming.

Fuse?

The only time mine has ever done that is when the kill switch is in the (bad) position.

Fuse?
99% of us have done this. Kill switch is off or kickstand is down,trans in gear.
My Busa...sitting on side stand,turn key on/trans in gear...no pump sound. Put in neutral...pump primes. :thumbsup:
If that works for ya...great. Report back it was a blown fuse.:laugh:
If it doesn't,we'll give you the laundry list of fixes.
Rubb.

electronic immobilizer ?

when ign on - does the LED beside the key turn off after a short time? (~ 3-5 seconds)

a little number of em make issues, so that resourceful people have flashed this immobilizer off of the ecu via computer.

Starter relay maybe? Check all your connections by disconnecting and reconnecting them...sometimes vibration and bumps can cause connectors to act funny....

I had this happen on my bike and checked all connections and cleaned the battery cables/terminals really well...to this day I still don't know the exact cause as I didn't try it after each and every connection was checked...

99% of us have done this. Kill switch is off or kickstand is down,trans in gear.
My Busa...sitting on side stand,turn key on/trans in gear...no pump sound. Put in neutral...pump primes. :thumbsup:
If that works for ya...great. Report back it was a blown fuse.:laugh:
If it doesn't,we'll give you the laundry list of fixes.
Rubb.
I got 5 bucks...
eye brow.gif
that says he comes back and writes "Thank's Guys,no worries,just a blown fuse."
rofl.gif

Rubb.

Fuse?
Did you engage the clutch ? There is a plug in clutch liver which needs to get engaged for cranking check it

Back