Standard bike to Streetfighter, Custom Tubular Frame, Need Airbox and clocks gone?

Dougy

Registered
I am getting a custom streetfighter alloy tubular frame made in England to ship to Perth Australia, the big airbox has to go, what issues will I have by doing this?? obviously the ram air will be compromised, what are my options to not have that great big black airbox ontop of my engine and get it running sound?

Also the speedo/guages have to go the journey aswell, will the bike run if I unplug and remove the clocks/guages??

Thanks

Dougy :banghead:
(I am buying the bike to be the donar next month and I am pre planning)

Re: Standard bike to Streetfighter, Custom Tubular Frame, Need Airbox and clocks gone

Not sure about the airbox, but bike will run fine without the speedo assembly.
Keep us updated with pics if you can...

Re: Standard bike to Streetfighter, Custom Tubular Frame, Need Airbox and clocks gone

I know of some other street fighter builds that used mini K&N filters right on the TB's and it seemed to work. The key is that you need to keep all of your sensors. The bike will not run without them... (except the speedo sensor). you will need to find a way to mount the IAT sensor if you remove the airbox. its not hard and there are some really cool build pics on here if you dig for them.

Back