Sportbikes on leo forum

I don't have a problem with LEOs targeting squids, but I think it is BS to target all sportbikes. It's about as intelligent as targeting me for having tattoos or even better, letting me go because I look white and ticketing the guy riding next to me because he looks darker.

I think it sucks...I've been in the business for 17yrs and have never thought of going to a job related site...Figure...However, I do ride a turbo'd Busa...
biggrin.gif

I would always ride with a helmet, gloves, and full leathers. LEO's can't see my age, gender, color, or religion. They can only see the way I ride. If my riding warrents a ticket, so be it! If I get pulled over for keeping pace with a harley, I'm taking it to court! I'll most likely get the ticket anyway, but I might also get the LEO corrected for his prejudice. It's the rider, NOT the bike! Of course most of you people hear already know that.

I like how they say they don't bother harleys. I bet at least 50 percent of them have been drinking or have no license.

I like how they say they don't bother harleys.  I bet at least 50 percent of them have been drinking or have no license.
I would say 85% of HD riders are drunk while riding around here. Very seldom do you see a sportbike rider stopping at a bar when the HD crowd is doing their poker runs. Different HD guys I know give me crap about my "Jap" bike when I am at the bar around them, but I tell them I don't ride and drink. They laugh and tell me that they are better riders when they are drinking! LOSERS! I don't understand where they come up with this crap?

You just have to love cops who use their personal feelings toward someone to abuse their athority and give a certain group a hard time. Be it color , race , bike you ride , car you drive whatever. Which is also what made me finally decide to try and become a police officer. Since im trying to become mototcycle patrol i wonder if they will let me use my busa
rock.gif
lol

did that one guy actualy sugest ramming sportbikes , is that john parks new home ?
mad.gif
he said next time try this , with a link to that video of the car ramming a dozen bikes ! wtf !
mad.gif

mad.gif

I think all of our LEO riders should comment back to them. I would, but it clearly states this a a private forum for law enforcement officers and all non LEO posts will be removed.

It doesn't shock me that alot think like that. I'm fighting a ticket now from Florida State trooper. said he "Paced me at 105mph in a 70 zone. I was doing about 85ish. the thing is if he'd have rote me up for what i was actually doing i'd just have payed the ticket, gone to the school so no points Etc. BUT he got out of his car saying " I hate you f-ing bikers thinking you own the road, I had to get my car up to 105 to catch up to you so that's what i'm ticketing you for" i was just sitting there stunned. no way he paced me, i saw him comming up on me, looked at speedo (85 w/o a speedhealer) and started pulling over. i honestly thought he was going to go past me, and not after me.

Those postings are BS on that LEO forum, I had the displeasure of working hand in hand with law enforcement during my tenure as a bailbond co owner, don't get me wrong there are some with great ethics and a desire to make the world a better place, unfortunately the majority seemed to have the "I will show them" attitude....

I think that most of the LEO's that posted were talking more about stunters and squids, not sportbikes in general.  We all make fun or the suids and the stunters that put other people in danger too!  There were a couple of posts in there that were garbage, but most were referring to the squids i think.

<!--EDIT|BrianKesler
Reason for Edit: "i cant spell"|1147027169 -->

Good news.... One of the LEO's that posted FOR us is in VA.... So not all VA LEO's are the typical "Pig" that I now think of some cops.
biggrin.gif

Back