SpeedoHealer and a 42T sprocket

Scooter

Registered
I just got a SpeedoHealer (thanks StreetnTrack) and plan on doing the install this weekend. I have a 42T rear sprocket and a stock 17T front. What SH setting will get my speedo close to accurate?

ss038.gif

Use their online calculator for the best results.  It will ask about tire wear also. Here's the link:

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133544104 -->

If the factory speedo is off by around +7%, is the factory odometer also off by the same amount? (Sorry if this is a stupid question
blush.gif
)

If the factory speedo is off by around +7%, is the factory odometer also off by the same amount? (Sorry if this is a stupid question
blush.gif
)
There is a slight variation between the speedo and odo on most bikes. SH says you can calibrate for one or the other but can't get both dead on at the same time. But to answer your question, yes, the odo is off too, just not by exactly the same percentage.
wink.gif

Well, I used the generally accepted factory speedo error of +7% for the calculations. Factoring in the 42T sprocket, it tells me to calibrate to -12% (I hope that's right).

Here we go!
biggrin.gif

Thats How I set my bike up , 17/42 gearing and speedohealer was set to -12. speedo was very close and I think the odo was slowed down a little , in other words would show less milage than actually riden , but close.

Since we're in the topic of sprockets, what was the stock gearing setup for 99 and 2000 busas vs. 2001 till now?

Not sure if I got the question right, but stock gearing has been 17/40 since inception. No changes.

Used a GPS to check speeds at 10 mph increments and it wasn't linear like I expected. Of course that may have been because it is tough to keep a constant speed. Anyway, decided to use 70mph indicated and calculated a -12.5 correction. Haven't tried it on the road yet though.

Used a GPS to check speeds at 10 mph increments and it wasn't linear like I expected.  Of course that may have been because it is tough to keep a constant speed.  Anyway, decided to use 70mph indicated and calculated a -12.5 correction.  Haven't tried it on the road yet though.
Very true. 70 MPH is probably a good pick since its the highway speed limit in most places.

Back