speedo no worko

Went for a short ride on my 04 Busa. The speedo stopped working. When i checked it out, The drive sprocket cover was broken. The pickup for the speedo is housed in the cover. It senses the rotation of a "special" washer bolted to the sprocket. That washer came loose and wedged against the cover, breaking it. The bike has 800 miles on it. Any similar issues from anyone else? I'm looking forward to the arguement the dealer will use to say it's somehow my fault.         UPDATE: Just got back from the dealer. The parts are ordered, no problems.  I'm always weary when it comes to warranty work. (unfounded worries this time). Should be fixed in a week or so once the new parts get here.
Thanks for the replies, Dan
My 02 did the same thing at about 1000 miles - warranty - had to do with wrong lock tight used and not tighted enough at factory..

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119702064 -->

wink.gif

Another thing to check is the sprocket cover bolts. Mine worked loose on 'Train and my speedo quit workin. The clutch also went out once they got loose enough that the clutch couldn't lever off the cover, but the speedo went first. Make sure all the bolts that hold the countershaft sprocket cover on are tight. Don't overtighten, but I'd blue loctite them and make 'em snug.
wink.gif

Here's a pic I made and posted back when mine done this...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119855664 -->

speedsensorrepairhighlt.jpg

Back