Speeding? victimless crime?

(heavybusa @ Oct. 03 2007,14:28)
(kaosccw @ Oct. 03 2007,16:26) I'm glad I survived too. However, I didn't always look both ways. I grew up pre-Barney.

I'm just glad Vic wasn't coming down the road I guess.  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
Damn right... How you like it when some ******* pedestrian crossing the road on red light and not even pretending to speed up a little and not even looking on aproaching vehicles.

Or people on supermarket parking lots crossing it diagonally and don`t care to move they fat azz and let the traffic go.
argue.gif

I am sorry for this kid... but I watched a kid today calmly and with much cockiness walk directly in front of a speeding ambulance... The ambulance screeched to a stop and this kid walked slower... If I was driving that meat wagon I would have run the little f'er right over. Without knowing the full story I wouldn't necassiraley blame the driver.

(jessup @ Oct. 04 2007,00:07) If I was driving that meat wagon I would have run the little f'er right over.
I don't doubt that you would.

You're from Philly. Don't they 'BOO' Santa Claus in Philly?
poke.gif

If a kid is too dumb to know what sirens and lights mean, he would have deserved it.

Signs aren't gonna do anything. Everybody knows what speed they are supposed to go when it isn't posted, just because it is doesn't mean that suddenly they are going to obey the law. What they need to do instead is install speed bumps around school zones and residential neighborhoods....and not some wimp speed bump. I'm talking those ones that you feel in your bones even when goving over it at idle and makes your angel riding shotgun go 'damn'.

Lemme tell ya cars don't even have to speed to hit a kid that runs in to the street. I know I almost got hit as a kid because I was jumping a ramp in to the street without looking and almost hit a car traveling down the street.

A fella here at work killed a kid who ran into the street he felt horrible but found not guilty. He wasn't speeding the kid was not paying attention. Parents need to be aware of the kids activities and educate them on the dangers. With current state of affairs 2 parents at work some with late hours are not paying attention to what the kids are doing. They are trying to wind down and take care of the house while the kids are just out doing what kids do.

School buses have popout stop signs and hazard flashers in our neighborhood. You have to stop when thy're picking up/dropping off, it's the law. No need for street signs.

I always tell my kids that pedestrians have the right to croos the road on the pedestrain lane only, but it doesn't matter that it is your right you still have to make sure that it is clear and safe to cross beacuse it is no good to have that right if youre 6 feet below the ground. You have to respect the on coming traffic as well. My prayers to the family...

Back