Special raffle coming up

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
OK so this is just pretty darn cool... I can't tell you who donated the items but I can tell you that this is on the up and up.... We have been give two drinking glasses from Air force One... Thats right the plane that carries our president around the world..... The glasses of course are really nice and they are etched with the presidential seal and they actually came off of Air force One. These are not gift shop souvenirs or some knock off but the real deal. These glasses I am told are the same ones that dignitaries and foreign leaders are given. One of our members has access to this type of stuff and he scored them specifically for this reason.... I think these are pretty special and its a great item to have around the house... What a conversation piece..

I am just curious what you folks think a couple of glasses like this would go for on the open market?

Here are some images..

glass1.gif

glass2.gif

glass3.gif

glass5.gif

I can't think of a good estimate either cap. That is something that you will never have a chance to get. Great raffle though.

Gawd, if that's the real deal, I can't even imagine a price tag for 'em.

You might want to put 'em on e-bay and generate some real cash for the board. Seriously. I think.

--Wag--

Gawd, if that's the real deal, I can't even imagine a price tag for 'em.  

You might want to put 'em on e-bay and generate some real cash for the board.  Seriously.  I think.  

--Wag--
I checked Ebay. I saw ones sorta similar...but not as nice.

They were at 49.oo each last time I looked...that was a while ago.

Lets say they are worth 50-75 bucks each.

How about they get raffled off...2 raffles. So that 2 folks get one each. One hundred tickets,2 bucks each.

Or, I'd be happy to start an auction for them. Start them at an' Ebay price of 49.oo dollars each.

hard to say...the ones on Ebay are just water tumblers...

prolly made in Mexico....

(please...no offence intended to any Mexican glass factory workers)

would they be legal to sell??
Yes. We did all the legal checks.All is well. If Ebay has them,then why shouldn't we. hahaha
Do you have a cert. of authenticity?  Might make it more sellable and certainly worth more.  

I have to believe there are collectors out there who would pay PREMIUM bux for those.

--Wag--
No certificate,darn sweet idea though.

Perhaps there is a collector web site specific to this kind of thing.

I'll have to poke around.

Here's a poke.  Doesn't support what I've been suggesting, however.

--Wag--

Lets just say I have more info.........

Those particular glasses were commissioned especially for the 89th Presidential wing lift Crew for there annual Christmas party! They did in fact fly in on AF-1 and are given out as mentioned... Just want to make sure you know everything! There are several variations as to what's actually in stock on the plane at any given time. Obviously they try and use up that stock before moving on to something different

How about they get raffled off...2 raffles. So that 2 folks get one each. One hundred tickets,2 bucks each.

Or, I'd be happy to start an auction for them.  Start them at an' Ebay price of 49.oo dollars each.
+1 lets have some fun.... either one of these suggestions... sounds good to me.

Back