Speakers for my Avalanche

Rongotti

Registered
I can get these for $168, is it worth it? or should I just do these for $47? I am keeping my stock head unit,just have a speaker out so I want to replace the front two.

how many watts can your stock h/u support? are you also planning to buy amps if the H/U lacks juice to support the new speakers?

I went crazy once with a sound system in a car. Now I just upgrade the stock speakers on the factory unit and add a self powered subwoofer. The electronics store if not Crutchfield can give you a good idea as to what speakers will sound good with the oem head unit.Very clear and good sound and more bass than you should subject your ears to.

Oh dynamat the car it not only improves sound but will help keep your car cool.

Guess it all depends on what and how you want to hear it :dunno:

I can't stand sitting a guys car and have him crank up his system hearing his body panels, trunk and door rattling, and turns and looks at me and ask me "How does it sound?" I tell him sounds like crap. I like a bass and I like it loud but if it isn't clear it's crap:laugh:

What ever you do don't toss your head unit it cost and arm and a leg and some features options are sometimes in the radio

are you a member of any Avalanche forums? might be a good idea to take a peek and see what owners have to say. meanwhile, see what Crutchfield will recommend: Car Selector

I went crazy once with a sound system in a car. Now I just upgrade the stock speakers on the factory unit and add a self powered subwoofer. The electronics store if not Crutchfield can give you a good idea as to what speakers will sound good with the oem head unit.Very clear and good sound and more bass than you should subject your ears to.

Oh dynamat the car it not only improves sound but will help keep your car cool.

Guess it all depends on what and how you want to hear it :dunno:

I can't stand sitting a guys car and have him crank up his system hearing his body panels, trunk and door rattling, and turns and looks at me and ask me "How does it sound?" I tell him sounds like crap. I like a bass and I like it loud but if it isn't clear it's crap:laugh:

What ever you do don't toss your head unit it cost and arm and a leg and some features options are sometimes in the radio

Yea no doubt! I don't even want the sub woofer, just want to replace the factory speakers and keep the factory head unit.

I am not talking about a quake machine

But a small subwoofer well get you the missing frequencies the stock sound systemcan't hit, most the premium sound systems coming in cars now come with a subwoofer for a clear and complete sound.

The chrysler 300 is just one off the top of my head and there are few others , I think infinity has a premium system with a small woofer to get you a more complete sound to your music. and they aren't that expensive and some come in real small enclosures so you don't loose any space.

do you have the bose system? check the avalanche fan club, I'm sure there are posts there where people have replaced their speakers :whistle:

i am I searched there but could not find it I will post up and try and find out

Car Selector

you can shop by location

A little write up why an upgrade over oem maybe just the answer, having done it on my HHR I can agree with this. Audio manufacturers spend more time in R&D for sound quality while most car manufacturers when they want quality sound in one of there models just go to professional for quality sounds and let them design and make the parts.

Why Buy New Car Speakers?

You cant go wrong with kicker. I love those speakers and subs. I have JL audio 12 inch in my truck and it pounds. Go check out Crutchfield and you can shop for what speakers fit your truck with your trim package. They also include instructions for how to replace them.

Kicker are great but costly and the Polk suck. If you are keeping the stock head unit look into Eclipse, they make great stuff for good cost. You should be able to pick up a pair for right about $100.00 and they have the cross over and seperate tweeters.

Kicker are great but costly and the Polk suck. If you are keeping the stock head unit look into Eclipse, they make great stuff for good cost. You should be able to pick up a pair for right about $100.00 and they have the cross over and seperate tweeters.

The reviews all over the internet seem to disagree with you about this particular model of Polks.

I think I am going with them for $46 you cant beat it.

do the polks and do your own install save your money if the tweeters aren't blown and are working leave them as well avalanche wiring colors are gray/tan gray is - tan is +
for drivers door and pass door is light green and dark green, light green is + dark green is - its the same for all gm vechiles to 2008 back to early eighties
:beerchug:

do the polks and do your own install save your money if the tweeters aren't blown and are working leave them as well avalanche wiring colors are gray/tan gray is - tan is +
for drivers door and pass door is light green and dark green, light green is + dark green is - its the same for all gm vechiles to 2008 back to early eighties
:beerchug:

Cool good advice, I think my wires are the issue so I was going to pay for installation so they will replace the wiring too

no dont the hardest part is getting the door panel off wich i can do in less than five mins, not that i expect you to be able to do the same but it's still easy if you need help with it pm me a couple of days ahead of the time your going to do it i'll pm you my phone number and talk you through it

Yea I took the door panel off previously, but I do not wish to rewire my truck it will be worth the $140 to get it done imo

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Back