Spark plug change ??

binx

Registered
My busa is an 05 with 5200 miles on it and I have a full rs-3 and pcV mapped to it. Dyno was recent and changed the oil to amsoil full synth and checked air filter. I just bought it with 4200 miles from an older gentlemen who owned it and didnt ride it much. It sat inside and outside for a while, probaly like a year with no real riding. All the fluids have been changed. Should I change the plugs ? The exhaust was put on and rode lean for a few hundred miles. The stealer said I should be good for a while. Thanks

unless it is missing out any.....I wouldnt mess with them yet.

Best way to know is just to look at the spark plugs. If they look like they need it then change them, if not, then dont.

Im just paranoid that Ill have something drop in when I pull them and will the missing feel like a fueling issue ? It felt off then I adjusted the fuel between 2250-3000 at 1-10 % throttle and it feels better but a lil hesitation only in 1st and 2nd at 4500-5000 rpm

The book says to change them every 7,500 miles...I use the iridium plugs and change them about every 20,000-25,000 miles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok Ill grab some of those. How bad is it to pull the airbox ? Things to watch for.etc.. I have the shop manual also but the pics arent the best.

Do a search on changing the spark plugs...I think unclesteve did a nice walk through with pics!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you everyone for the help. Big thanks to Ba for the link to guide. These are the plugs that the stealer said they changed ! Runs unreal right now !:bowdown:

2011-05-10_19-30-51_502.jpg

2011-05-10_19-31-02_298.jpg

Thank you everyone for the help. Big thanks to Ba for the link to guide. These are the plugs that the stealer said they changed ! Runs unreal right now !:bowdown:

Did they charge you for replacing the plugs? I would check the invoice.

Nah I think hes going to use anti-sieze. He has learned from all the flaming :laugh:

I have a good one for you. Myself and 8 other guys head up to the Canadian border to go snowmobiling. Well one of the guys gets a flat on his trailer the night before we leave. It's -30 outside and the lug nuts on the trailer were frozen on......you want to talk about funny and fustrated....all 8 guys are under the trailer yelling at each other at how to get the tire changed.

Lesson learned.....ANTI SIEZE.

Back