Something to Think About

I have always supported our troops, but I question our government anymore....
rock.gif

Just so everyone knows. Every now and then, you find the right guy, you put him in the right place - at the right time. Capt Chontosh is a Marine hero. So when his duty in Iraq ended and he came up for orders - where does the Marine Corps send him?

The Basic School! Capt Chontosh is now one of ther shining leadership examples responsible for the training of ALL newly commissioned officers in the Marine Corps, regardless of how they were commissioned. This is how the Marine Corps works. Find great people and put them where the can make the most positive impact. I wish I could say that I personally knew him, but I don't - don't have to. I am a Marine, and I look up to guys like him. He and his kind are what the Marine Corps is about. Thanks for posting this!

Semper Fidelis,
Shawn

I read an article similar to this regarding the same Marine a while back......great story.

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122562267 -->

Just so everyone knows.  Every now and then, you find the right guy, you put him in the right place - at the right time.  Capt Chontosh is a Marine hero.  So when his duty in Iraq ended and he came up for orders - where does the Marine Corps send him?

The Basic School!  Capt Chontosh is now one of ther shining leadership examples responsible for the training of ALL newly commissioned officers in the Marine Corps, regardless of how they were commissioned.  This is how the Marine Corps works.  Find great people and put them where the can make the most positive impact.  I wish I could say that I personally knew him, but I don't - don't have to.  I am a Marine, and I look up to guys like him.  He and his kind are what the Marine Corps is about.  Thanks for posting this!

Semper Fidelis,
Shawn
<span style='color:teal'>I saw that on our news...They said what an AWESOME Marine he was and that they wanted him to teach others...It wasnt as long as it should have been, and didnt give HALF the details that article did. But I did hear about him on our 10 o'clock news

Carrie</span>

Back