Someone tell me why your not using the classifieds

I just tried to place an ad in the wanted section but I could not find that option, only options to sell even after I chose "other" I will keep messin around with it. and while I am posting I was use to checking the box for "track this topic" is that replaced by the save feature or am I just missing it?

Last edited:
I posted an add in classifies and got 16 views in 24 hours. That is extremely low number.
In For Sale section it was 219 views.

It`s like completely different part of the site. Forum search not showing clissified adds.

Until For sale section exist people will use it.

BTW. Classified section looks great and easy to use. :thumbsup:

I posted an add in classifies and got 16 views in 24 hours. That is extremely low number.
In For Sale section it was 219 views.

It`s like completely different part of the site. Forum search not showing clissified adds.

Until For sale section exist people will use it.

BTW. Classified section looks great and easy to use. :thumbsup:

Yep - I agree with ya Vic!

OK - I made a couple changes. New ads should now show up in 'New Posts'.

Give it a shot. ;)

Cap

I used the Classified section last spring ,had a few things listed for sale and sold all of them, what I didnt care for(as a buyer) was how you could only see 3 (newest) listings per page(not sure if it had changed since as I didnt look at it before posting this) in the 4 sale thread, its faster to just scroll through 25 threads at a time until something catches your eye....

also,and this is just a question, why push the classified section if there arent any complaints over using the for sale section, or has there been?

ok,so I just clicked on classifieds(yeah should have done that 1st,right?) it has changed since I used it 10months ago, changed for the better.

Last edited:
umm I just recently had posted a water pump for sale in the classifieds.... did I do it right or wrong? I included pics :thumbsup:

hmmm so I "discovered" the new classified section for the first time. I guess I sold my pump using the old method, sorry. I guess my excuse is that it's the way I've done it in the past and didn't notice the link on the tool bar. Really there are only a few things I click on in the tool bar to navigate. It's either new posts, garage, search, or arcade. I've ingored all of the other buttons. The only time I've even mentaly noticed them was from the color change for donate and forum rules.

One benefit to listing my item the old way, for me, is that when I click on the new posts button and can easily see if there's been any reponses. New posts is my main method to navigate what's going on. I rarely go to the org forum and click specific area to see posts. If it's not new I'll probably miss whatever is going on.

Now that I think about it unless someone is actually shopping for a specific part they wouldn't stroll through to see what's available. With a regualr classified post someone may stroll through in curousity and then be interested in purchasing the item (impulse buy). It's like the candy at the checkout lines in the grocery store. There's a whole isle for candy but I seldom stroll through it. At the checkout though I might grab something since it's right there.

i hope all of this makes sense.

Next time I'm selling something I'll have to try the new way and see how convenient it is to keep track of the ad and how often it's viewed and how soon pthers notice the ad.

I'm with the others and didn't realize when you click on "classifieds" at the top that it was different from scrolling down on the main forum page and then click on the "classified section". Part of the problem is that I don't use the top bar too often.

Why don't you just make the "classified section" go to the same place that the "classifieds" take you? Seems like that would fix the problem and it does seem like the "classifieds" is a better tool.

I've used the classifieds to both buy and sell a few items, so let me say

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

to Cap and the Crew.

Two suggestions, however:

1) Photos in the classifieds show up pretty small compared to what you can post in the forums. Don't know why that is - maybe I'm doing something wrong - but it's hard to really see the items. That's why I posted big pics in the forums on one of my sale items, although the basic sale was through the Classifieds.

2) There seems to be some kind of parallel private message system associated with the Classifieds. I once sent a message to someone about their sale, but never heard back. Then, several months later I noticed I had a response with a little "message notification" hidden in one of the bars at the top. Maybe it would be better if it just used the same PM messaging system that's part of the forums.

Ok, enough whining. This place rocks and our host and admins deserve heaps of thanks. :thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

Not sure on the messaging, but if you look at the pics on the ad, there should be a pic with subscript "supersize", click that and it should open a larger pic in a new window.

Not sure on the messaging, but if you look at the pics on the ad, there should be a pic with subscript "supersize", click that and it should open a larger pic in a new window.
Thanks twotonevert. Supersize seems to enlarge a small picture to a slightly larger small picture, about 2" tall by 3" wide. The pics in the forum can be huge by comparison. But maybe I'm still doing something wrong.

Thanks twotonevert. Supersize seems to enlarge a small picture to a slightly larger small picture, about 2" tall by 3" wide. The pics in the forum can be huge by comparison. But maybe I'm still doing something wrong.

No sir, I think you have it right, some are larger than others. I think it depends on the size that are uploaded. I have seen smaller pictures like the ones you describe and some open full size.

I had a classified add that got 38 hits in over 4 weeks. I think that was mainly because it didn't reflect in the New Posts search. I pulled the add for lack of interest. Thanks anyway. It was very easy to use.

Back