So you want to go fast......

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I hear alot of folks wanting to learn how to rid themselves of the dreaded "Chicken Strips"! So this should be a place to share all your suggestions/tips for doing just that. First let me start off by saying "Know your limit and stay within it".
Now for the good stuff.....
1) Steering is most effective when done with your foot pegs! Don't hang on your handle bars like a monkey at the Chicago Zoo. By transfering your weight on the footpegs you'll gain optimum control of your ride.
2) Read your turn before executing..........!
3) Learn how to pick a line.
4) Relax, take your time.
Some good pointers can be found at the following links;
Motorcycle training
So you want to Roadrace

Along the same lines as #2
:pick your turn in point, know where you are going to start your turn well ahead of time...helps keep ya from running wide...and FOR (insert diety of choice here) SAKE..NO BACK BRAKE

The best advice i can give on cornering is be smooth dont to transfer weight from front to rear causing a loss of traction re braking acceleration even throttle until exit.Know the piece of tarmac your on.Neg camber flat does it change through out,this will cause the exicusion to be different,is there a crest and so on.Braking to be completed just before entry so you are smooth and have the same load on suspension.The Gs of the turn will load suspension, on and off brake or throttle will cause the bike to compress or unload the suspension.Be smooth then fast and get the book A TWIST OF THE WRIST.This will be the best 13.00$ you ever spent on your riding or Bike.....No i dont Profess to being an expert but after 31 yrs of riding i couldnt believe what could be pulled from the 13.00$ investment i made one day. :sad:

ks- I know several who would disagree with your #1. Still, What ever works for you is the best method to use. Just hold some reserve when on public roads - you never know what fool is in your line when you get through the turn.

Heard this was also good reading.
More Proficient Motorcycling: Mastering the Ride by David L. Hough

Back