Size of socket..

HeloMech74

Registered
I am about to pull my wheels off, and I am tired of paying a local place to do it for me. I have a crap load of tools for working on cars, airplanes and helicopters, but not a whole lot for my bike.

Soooo, on that note, what is the size of the rear axle nut? I have already found a tool for the front wheel, just need the rear one.

I searched, and maybe my search criteria wasn't correct, but nothing came up.

36mm. The only place that I found that sold box and open ended wrenches in this size was a Napa auto store, I think around $15.00

(Pipefighter248 @ Sep. 07 2007,23:14) Yep 36 MM.
Sears sells them also. Craftsman; can't remember price.
That's what I thought but when I went there, the biggest they had was a 34mm.

Thanks for the info. I won't have a problem finding one, I'm a SnapOn Industrial account holder so I can find it
smile.gif
Thanks

(HeloMech74 @ Sep. 08 2007,00:11) Thanks for the info.  I won't have a problem finding one, I'm a SnapOn Industrial account holder so I can find it
smile.gif
 Thanks
OK so it will cost ya about $75
laugh.gif

(justtight @ Sep. 08 2007,04:54) why not use something like a 12" adjustable wrench. It works for me
That'll work also.
The only reason I got a socket was for putting it back on to get the correct torque.

I have plenty of wrenches. I want the socket for torquing down the nut. Checked the cost of it with my Dealer account, and it will run me 24 bucks shipped. Not bad.

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 08 2007,02:32)
(HeloMech74 @ Sep. 08 2007,00:11) Thanks for the info. I won't have a problem finding one, I'm a SnapOn Industrial account holder so I can find it
smile.gif
Thanks
laugh.gif
I guess I should clarify, I am an industrial dealer, so I get the stuff at between cost and 55% of cost.

(HeloMech74 @ Sep. 08 2007,12:28)
(BA BUSA @ Sep. 08 2007,02
zzwhip.gif
)
(HeloMech74 @ Sep. 08 2007,00:11) Thanks for the info.  I won't have a problem finding one, I'm a SnapOn Industrial account holder so I can find it
smile.gif
 Thanks
laugh.gif
I guess I should clarify, I am an industrial dealer, so I get the stuff at between cost and 55% of cost.
I have a small fortune invested with Snap On
tounge.gif

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 08 2007,18:38)
(HeloMech74 @ Sep. 08 2007,12:28)
(BA BUSA @ Sep. 08 2007,02
zzwhip.gif
)
(HeloMech74 @ Sep. 08 2007,00:11) Thanks for the info. I won't have a problem finding one, I'm a SnapOn Industrial account holder so I can find it
smile.gif
Thanks
laugh.gif
I have a small fortune invested with Snap On
tounge.gif
Yeah, so do I
smile.gif
Even with the discount, I still spend a retarded amount of money on tools.

smile.gif

Yeah but you do realize there is a axle wrench in the factory tool packet that fits this.....

I forgot all about it until the night i left me axle socket at work and needed to get the rear wheel off.

(dolilind @ Sep. 08 2007,21:22) Yeah but you do realize there is a axle wrench in the factory tool packet that fits this.....

I forgot all about it until the night i left me axle socket at work and needed to get the rear wheel off.
I know there is a wrench in the kit, but you can not correctly reinstall the nut with it. You need the socket to properly torque the nut.

Digging through my garage I actually found a 36mm socket.

Back