Single side swingarm

JonnySkidmarks

Registered
Wanna do a single side swingarm. Just got RC Components Alien powdercoat rims for my stock 190 tire on my 08, dont wanna go any wider. The only single sided swingarm I can find is Roaring Toyz 240 kit and the price is insane plus I don't need the wheels it comes with. Anyone ever come across any others? Thanks.

roaring toyz can probably make a stock size kit, or contact sportchrome and see if the greggs can be had in 190-180 width.

I looked for a while not too long ago. you are going to pay 6k any way it goes... the one sponsor that is in FL can do stock width and 0-2" over..... for 6k IIRC

I looked for a while not too long ago. you are going to pay 6k any way it goes... the one sponsor that is in FL can do stock width and 0-2" over..... for 6k IIRC

Wow then im probably better off just going with a normal extended arm

that 6k price probably included new wheels and a few other new parts your not getting if you just do a new arm.

its probably gonna be more exp to do a SSA setup but if it were cheap there would be alot more of them out there...

Wanna do a single side swingarm. Just got RC Components Alien powdercoat rims for my stock 190 tire on my 08, dont wanna go any wider. The only single sided swingarm I can find is Roaring Toyz 240 kit and the price is insane plus I don't need the wheels it comes with. Anyone ever come across any others? Thanks.

Call RoaringToyz and talk with Brad....they can do just arms NO wheels. See if they have a set up stock wheel. NOT many peeps do $$$ for SS arms for stocker size.

Call Gregg at Gregg's Customs. He is a great contact, may even work with you on cost. Tell him Jonathan sent you, maybe offer to start a group buy?
He,s pretty cool and I think he started the market with his SSS-arm. Been around a long time.
Posted via Mobile Device

If I'm not mistaken you can't use a conventional wheel with an single side arm anyhow. All I have seen use an offset wheel to allow for the rotor, caliper, and sprocket to be on the same side.

street n track has that arm. magnesium iirc, very slick arm. i'd love to pick one up.

I can't say that it's been done on a busa but...I recall seeing this done with a honda vfr swingarm. Don't know any details on it though.

Back