Shout out to God!

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
I was just returning a PM to a friend of mine that I sold my Yosh carbon fibers to and am reminded of the "bashing LE's" thread where you don't hear enough positive stories about them. Well we don't hear enough about what God has done for us either.

He has been better to me than I deserve. The recession we're in I thought I would be safe from given the work my co. does. I WAS VERY WRONG!

I'm not gonna make a long soap box cause that's not what this threads about. Long story short. For over a year now my co. has been suffering and slowly dwendling. We have gone from 6 employees down to 1 and he has recently quit showing up for work. I'm able to keep up with everything myself but hopefully SOON that will change :)

I've had to deal with customers starting to use "in house" painters to save money, competitors slashing prices in half to keep business, to even floor covering contractors trying to take my painting work:poke: It is dog eat dog out there for me right now. I've managed to take back work with discount incentives in exchange to be their exclusive contractor and STILL have to deal with slow paying companies because THEY are not getting paid on time.

But SOME HOW bills continue to be paid (on time). Sometimes that's from miraculous checks that just show up out of the blue DAYS before mortgage has to be paid ie....ins. co. sends us a chk for 1500.00 saying we overpaid last year???, next time we get an escrow refund, then odd jobs pop up that in the past I always passed on cause it's not worth my time, but now....:whistle: :laugh:

Every month we wonder HOW we're gonna do this. "WE" don't but somehow God always does.

Although making 6 figures a year and never even having to work weekends or even put in 40 hrs. a wk. was never my goal he still gave that to me. All I ever asked for was paid bills, food on the table, and a happy family:thumbsup: I still have those. I'm thankful for everthing he HAS blessed me with.

Something inside me tells me there is a light at the end of my tunnel that is even brighter than where I came from:bowdown:

Last but certainly not least. I'm truly thankful for him bringing me to you guys. Your truly GREAT friends. Friends like you guys are VERY hard to find and to think we all "met on the internet":laugh:

We don't always know why God does what he does or allows what he allows. In my case this HAS been a blessing. It's a time in my life I will never forget. It's a time that my faith was strengthened, made me learn to lean on him more, and realize what's really the most important things in my life are. "Things" will always perish. What's eternal are people.

God truly is GOOD!

Last edited:
I am glad he has been good to you. Good luck on the business end, I hope things turn around for you and all us that have been hurt by this economy.

Agree totally. He has done so much for so many of us. :bowdown:

So true, God does deserve our praises. I have been doing a lot of complaining lately, and those complaints have overshadowed my blessings. I have a great deal of things to be thankful for.

It's hard to step out and say thank you when you feel alone and crapped on.

Does this mean I do not believe in God, or that God has forsaken me? Not at all. It means I am human, and I have unanswered situations that I have to trust God to lead me through. I am not the only person to ever endure hardships.

I could go on and on preaching, but I will save that for Sunday. By the way, Sunday is the last day that Access Point Church (My home Church) will be open. The good news is that the people left will move on and touch people that they would not have been able to impact other wise.

I was just talking about this very thing.

I've always gotten through anything thrown my way. I work very hard, but know that I'm not doing anything on my own, God is watching and he has something lined up for me.

I've never been a complainer, I guess my life experiences and the things I see on a regular basis let me know just how good things are even when things are bad.

'99 you got some awesome kids and that is your true blessing, believe me.

I often think of poor Job ...

I've never been a complainer, I guess my life experiences and the things I see on a regular basis let me know just how good things are even when things are bad.

'99 you got some awesome kids and that is your true blessing, believe me.

I often think of poor Job ...

Ya Job had a tough year:lol:

:cheerleader: Always a good thing to be reminded that we don't do it on our own. :beerchug:

So when you coming to the Northwest? :whistle:

It's amazing how God takes such good care of you even when you complain and don't even notice Him. He has always provided for me even when things were extremely tight. Just keep your faith in Him, and He'll never let you down.

:bowdown:You guys have all said a mouthful. All I can say is that I pray that the blessings keep on flowing and also Thank You Jesus

I know just what your going through 99. Im down to me and my partner right now and things are still slow. But like you said god continues to make a way. And you have to give him all the honor and praise. Even in the bad times right now we still pull through (but by the grace of god).

One thing I have learned throughout the years is that if you put your faith in God he will supply your needs. Many are facing tough times right now and my belief is that things will get worse, much worse, before they get better. Faith is not an easy thing to have in times of need, especially for those who have not experienced how God will take care of you if you will just put your faith in him.

It's funny how things work out in time. Many times you don't understand why things happen until a later time in your life. My wife had an extremely good job several years ago. She felt led to leave that job for a job with lesser pay and lesser benefits. It was hard for me to accept at the time but I trusted her judgment and supported her decision. Needless to say the job she took led her to an even better job than the one which she had left. Just a couple weeks ago she ran into an old coworker, had she stayed at that job she would now be laid off as they laid off the whole office and are in the process shutting down the whole operation.

Another example is me with my current job. I quit my sales job at the Chevrolet dealership that I was working at back in 2001. I was making excellent money and doing well but I felt led to quit. I felt as if God told me to make the move and he would provide for us. I stepped out in faith and took a part time job as a 911 dispatcher with the sheriffs office that I wasn't even guaranteed a certain number of hours at that time. I was told there were no openings for full time work and they didn't expect any openings anytime soon. I started and worked for about 5 weeks part time wondering how I was going to pay the bills and make ends meet. I come into work one day sometime around that 5 week mark and was told that one of the full time people had unexpectedly quit and they offered me a full time job. I took it and worked as a 911 dispatcher for 10 months at which time I was offered a job as a patrol deputy with the same office after one of the other guys unexpectedly quit. Within 5 years I had gone from a part time dispatcher to my current rank as detective. I was provided many opportunities along the way, I've served on two separate tactical teams, I'm the lead firearms guy (a duty that I love) and worked every aspect of the job I ever wished to work. I don't say this to brag in any way as I know I'm not the one that made all this possible. I put my faith in God and followed what I believed he wanted me to do, God took care of the details along the way. I firmly believe I would not be where I am today had I not listened. The decisions I made were decisions that I would have never made had I not felt God leading me to make them.

All I can say is this, if you've tried things your way and they haven't worked, seek God. Put your faith in him and he will take care of you.

The Good Lord has NEVER LET ME DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet the Ranch !!!!!!

My Morning Prayer starts with "Lord Please Don't let Me **** Up" then it goes from there :laugh:

Back