shifter kart

Cool
cool.gif

sweet i wish it was a side of the track cam... but it still looks fast.

that thing is fast as hell, what engines do they run in those things?
I was going to get into cart racing before I got the 'Busa and was looking into geting a shifter cart.
There are many manufacturers but most use an engine from one of the major motorcycle makers 2 stroke liquid cooled dirtbikes (Yam, Kaw, Suz, & Hon). They use as small as a 60 cc (12+ hp) on up to the 250 cc motors whigh I believe put out about 50-60 HP - and weigh about 225 lbs.
The carts are used by up & coming, as well as professional nascar and indy drivers to stay sharp when not actually racing their "real" rides.
I have never rode one, but from the info thats available it's the closest thing to a full out indy car at an afordable price as far as handling & performance - I guess they are capable of pulling up to 3g's of lateral force and the 125 cc and 250cc's are capable of speeds of 100 to 130 mph.
I'd be willing to trade a ride on one for a ride on my 'Busa to the right person.

Pit Bull

Here's the one I was talkin' about/ Gixxer 1100 motor on a kart. This is one bad azz tire shreddin' mutha! Pretty decent tunes to this one, too.
super.gif
I'll take mine with a busa motor and a BDE/Hindle system please.
wink.gif

Click here and then click on the download link below the pic of the bad ass kart. It's a big'un but worth the wait.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back