She is starting to look like a Bkie Again

tinmann840

Registered
I got 2 rotors in the mail from S4L installed them using lock-tite, mounted the wheel, mounted the calipers and brake lines and bled the brakes using a 18 inch piece of clear tubing, a box end wrench and a empty 20 oz water bottle. I filled the reservoir with DOT 4 brake fluid, squeezed the brake lever fully then opened the bleed valve, close it and release the lever.I repeated this until all the air was bled out. You'll know when you've got all the air out cause you start getting pressure when you apply the brake and you won't see bubbles in the line any longer. It took about 2.5 hours from rotors to test ride. You'll have to pump the lever a bit at first to get fluid to each caliper. Even with the fluid that ended up in the bottle I used less than a full bottle of fluid. Now I'm going to play with the suspension setting to accommodate my weight and height of the bike.

DSCN0335.JPG

LOL that 1st pic is exactly what my busa looked like a 2 weeks ago. Mine just got a rough fix and some flat black to fix tho. SOMEDAY I'll get some new plastics and do it right. Good luck tho!

Back