Several Covid-Free activities I have going on....

busa sc 2.jpg

suzuki sc 3.jpg

It's all in there, Internet, Blu-Ray,cable TV,YouTube,AM/FM,Internet Phone,Land-Line,center channel spkr,front channels,HUGE self powered Sub-Woofer,Sony amp w/ Eclipse speakers....rocks pretty good :super:

Then in the corner the gaming center. Sits atop an' electric fireplace for the winter.6 different fire color options,really kicks out the heat,althou I am not a fan of artificial heat of any sort.Big enuff Sony TV for the PlayStation.
Roomie can watch fuggin' Judge Judy on the 55"...I can tear it up with Suzuki bike racing and GTA series. Friend is sending me some Bose wireless headphones..:bowdown:
Rubb.

I've been messing with an old hobby, vintage audio stuff. I've had this Sherwood receiverView attachment 1618676 in the closet that needed one circuit board and an internal fuse changed..
Sweet stuff Red. My ex father-in-law #3 :laugh: had a big time love of McIntosh tube type amps etc. Sound beautiful. If you get a chance to get your hands on that stuff...get it. Even if it's non-working,with yer skillz you can bring them back to life.Then either sell or enjoy. Rubb.

McIntosh, Luxman, Tannoy...super high end stuff was always out of my means. Still is apparently lol. I love music; have 2 turntables, 5 sets of vintage speakers. I have a really old Fisher tube receiver, back when they called it "The Fisher". I love this stuff, even the smell a vintage amp has when it's warmed up. Memories :)

McIntosh, Luxman, Tannoy...super high end stuff was always out of my means. Still is apparently lol. I love music; have 2 turntables, 5 sets of vintage speakers. I have a really old Fisher tube receiver, back when they called it "The Fisher". I love this stuff, even the smell a vintage amp has when it's warmed up. Memories :)
I love good old quality speakers...have any favourites?
I had some Goodman's,JBL's,JVC'c,Blaupunkt,etc.
My F.I.L. used to build speakers. He was a physics prof but had many other skillz.One pair had housings divided into two.Lower had a 15 " sub with a 15" passive radiator.Uppers had 2 mid-range,hi-quality stuff from Germany,tweeters from Japan. The boxes were made from African gum wood. What a deep rich sound. I was a fan of Yamaha amps at the time and to power the speakers required 2 amps. He made the cross-overs himself using his hi tech test equipment to get the exact amount of copper windings required,etc. He would sit in the middle of my living room with his sound meters and tweek my system with a series of mathematical equations and shi7 I had no clue about. He turned me onto the McIntosh stuff but it was way more than I wanted to spend for sure. His audio rack resembled the console on the freakin' space shuttle or something.
Amps,pre-amps,phono pre amp,old school 20 channel equalizers,lots of it exposed tube type.....wow.
My hearing for music is good,his was awesome. Learned alot.
Have a good 1 brother.
Rubb.

I love good old quality speakers...have any favourites?
I had some Goodman's,JBL's,JVC'c,Blaupunkt,etc.
My F.I.L. used to build speakers. He was a physics prof but had many other skillz.One pair had housings divided into two.Lower had a 15 " sub with a 15" passive radiator.Uppers had 2 mid-range,hi-quality stuff from Germany,tweeters from Japan. The boxes were made from African gum wood. What a deep rich sound. I was a fan of Yamaha amps at the time and to power the speakers required 2 amps. He made the cross-overs himself using his hi tech test equipment to get the exact amount of copper windings required,etc. He would sit in the middle of my living room with his sound meters and tweek my system with a series of mathematical equations and shi7 I had no clue about. He turned me onto the McIntosh stuff but it was way more than I wanted to spend for sure. His audio rack resembled the console on the freakin' space shuttle or something.
Amps,pre-amps,phono pre amp,old school 20 channel equalizers,lots of it exposed tube type.....wow.
My hearing for music is good,his was awesome. Learned alot.
Have a good 1 brother.
Rubb.
Hi. I had 4 JBL 2405 slot tweeters 4 Bose 901's 4 Gauss 18 in base and 1 24 in Hartley sub. powered by 2 SAE 50 Watt amp for mids had 2 300 Watt Luxmans base 2 800 Watt Peavey's subs 1 2000 Watt SAE amp.

I grew up with my dad listening to the old stereos and when I came across this one and a set of matching old kenwood speakers it reminded me of being a kid in his garage so I snatched em up. Definitely paid more then I should have and seem to have an issue with one of the speakers and some static thru the volume control but it still sounds great. Got a box of old vinyl and a cheaper stereo with a turntable I inherited from my step mom that she used to play so loud she couldn't hear us beating on the door trying ro come back in when she'd kicked us out to go play. I think loud music was the only thing her and my old ma'am ever haff in common :lol:

Should start this one today. It should be a bit of a challenge with 600+ pieces. The build manual shows it can be built 2 ways,but only instructions for the truck,not the car were included.I would so much prefer to build the car :confused: so I visited about the only website around that advertised a PDF for instructions. What a run-around that leads to nowhere.
I dunno,maybe its just me.Anybody want to take a stab at it for me?
Build Instructions
First pic shows the build option.Another pic shows the new toys tire sitting next to one of my other toys. It would appear this truck is a fairly decent size. Scale ? Not listed on the pkg.
Rubb.

Back