Several Covid-Free activities I have going on....

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Right now it's a great pass time. Video games. Hours of...I want to say fun...but lets be real. :banghead:
They frustrate the heck out of a person,but do provide a little sense of accomplishment.
I'm only lo-tech,don't play on-line or anything althou I would like to try for sure.
Anyway,aquired a Sony Playstation 2 for rediculasly cheap. Pretty much free.
Cool thing,it came with a motorcycle racing game. Now when I was a kid we had the cheesy game called Excitebike which had a throttle and I think brakes. Wahooo. Too funny. So now I have this Suzuki sponsored game. Wow fun. Throttle,gear up,gear down,linked brakes or just front,just rear...bike wheelies with to much twist of the wrist...shift your weight to the front or to the back.Pretty neat.Several race modes,2 player if ya want,different views (I'm digging the real world view,very tuff,but cool) you dont see the bike,just the road ahead.
Fun stuff,ancient history in the gaming world I know. Buddy across the way has the virtual reality head set and all that. That will have to be Post Covid fun. Also playing Tomb Raider,Grand Theft Auto,etc.
What if anything are you guys messin' with?
Rubb.

Even has the mods we like...Akropovic exhaust...

I picked up a game for my PS4 called Ride 4...I did this because you can get a Hayabusa....eventually....

The sad thing is, I suck at the game, even my older lad who is a game player from way back can't crack this game...

One starts off on 125 bikes and as you get better, work your way up...it seems a long way off to get to a liter bike.

I can't get through practice mode, the game wants you to apex, brake and accelerate perfectly....

I picked up a game for my PS4 called Ride 4...I did this because you can get a Hayabusa....eventually....

The sad thing is, I suck at the game, even my older lad who is a game player from way back can't crack this game...

One starts off on 125 bikes and as you get better, work your way up...it seems a long way off to get to a liter bike.

I can't get through practice mode, the game wants you to apex, brake and accelerate perfectly....
A buddy has the PS4 which unbenounced to him is about to be borrowed :D I will be all over that game. If nothing else I am persistant. If it has a Busa in it,guran-damb-teed one of the Brothers on here will have played it,and beat it. I'm sure there is one of them "cheat codes" the serious gamers use,but I don't like to use them if at all possible.While looking for a little help with the game Zelda I came across a code that enables you to beat the game in 5 minutes. Woopie ding,where is the fun in that.

cheaters....:redface: BTW,you will get PM in a few minutes. Rubb.

A buddy has the PS4 which unbenounced to him is about to be borrowed :D I will be all over that game. If nothing else I am persistant. If it has a Busa in it,guran-damb-teed one of the Brothers on here will have played it,and beat it. I'm sure there is one of them "cheat codes" the serious gamers use,but I don't like to use them if at all possible.While looking for a little help with the game Zelda I came across a code that enables you to beat the game in 5 minutes. Woopie ding,where is the fun in that.

View attachment 1618450cheaters....:redface: BTW,you will get PM in a few minutes. Rubb.

Cheat codes make little sense to me.

All of my characters on GTA V ride bikes...but am still hunting a Hayabusa, I see them from time to time but by the time I turn around to chase them down, they are gone.

I used to like Zelda....well watching my kids play it was fun as they are good at these things.

I've just started GTA III for PS II. The game looks HUGE. So,far I have only downloaded a map,which I suppose is cheating in a way. Also looked at the mission list...wow...dozens and dozens of them.How do these kids do it? I mean I could throw a few hours a day at this crap...still be at it for a couple years I think. :laugh: I played the Medal of Honor series for PC way back when,enjoyed the heck outa them. Ever tried those?
Rubb.

I've just started GTA III for PS II. The game looks HUGE. So,far I have only downloaded a map,which I suppose is cheating in a way. Also looked at the mission list...wow...dozens and dozens of them.How do these kids do it? I mean I could throw a few hours a day at this crap...still be at it for a couple years I think. :laugh: I played the Medal of Honor series for PC way back when,enjoyed the heck outa them. Ever tried those?
Rubb.
GTA V is a whole other animal....there are a pile of missions-some not bad, some almost impossible and required the work of my son who went through them like a hot knife through butter.

Todays project will involve taking this piece o krap 3 drawer thing-a-majig and turning it into a TV/componant stand for my roomie. She got a tip that a near by hotel was re-modelling,tossing out all kinds of stuff. She says get in your truck (Acura RSX hatchback) and come pick this up.OK. It was decided it should be painted black to match other things in the house. No problem you would think. Well,its made of that shiny press board manufactured type of veneer crap. Ahhh no worries,some 50 grit sand paper should do the trick.LOL. Ahhh no. OK,wire wheel on a drill. Nope. OK,time to ask somebody in the know. At the paint store telling my delema to the clerk,convo over heard by a guy in line. Says don't waste yer time or money,unless you really want to get it done. Roomie wants it,so lets do it. He tells of 2 products one of which the store has.Bull's Eye 123 primer.Supposed to stick like p00p to a babies blanket.Did that yesterday.Today the paint goes on.I've pulled the drawers to be replaced by shelves for the PVR,Blu-Ray,internet box,internet phone,amp,PS..etc.
Reason for the post is that anybody wishing to paint something deemed un-paintable may find the info useful...I dunno.
Step one complete. Step 2: Cut some material for shelves.She found that too. LOL. A nice coat of gloss black goes on. Stay tuned.
Yer gonna love project 3.:laugh:

I just bought this Gem for the Xbox the other day. I had no time to play it so far but I put lots of hours in the first part. Its probably one of the most "manliest"games on the market!

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

I just bought this Gem for the Xbox the other day. I had no time to play it so far but I put lots of hours in the first part. Its probably one of the most "manliest"games on the market!

View attachment 1618478
Way cool bro...Ice Road Truckers in your living room. :thumbsup:
Looks awesome,we shall see in a month or two,once you get into that!!!
I wanna play,I wanna play, pick me ,pick me. Game day,post Covid.:super:
Rubb.

Today's Covid-Free activity (while still on lock down) will consist of taking some "fine art" * cough cough ahem* purchased by the roomie, from FleaBay.I will transfer these from cardboard tube to beautiful wall hanging keeping in-line with the "motif" we have going on here in the place. Its ahhh ahhh a picture somehow put on to canvas by way of.... I actually don't know.You would think air brushing or something,but it looks to be obviously mass produced. Silk screening maybe

I will adhere these fine piece's to some cut MDF board using the medium of,spray can Gorilla Glue:laugh: . I was then going to suspend them from the ceiling by way of small gauge chrome chain but,in the spirit of having some slight class,I have chosen the wall instead. :thumbsup: O.K. fella's wish me luck,althou luck is not supposed to be a factor in most undertakings,luck is all I have to run with this time.
Rubb.

Today's Covid-Free activity (while still on lock down) will consist of taking some "fine art" * cough cough ahem* purchased by the roomie, from FleaBay.I will transfer these from cardboard tube to beautiful wall hanging keeping in-line with the "motif" we have going on here in the place. Its ahhh ahhh a picture somehow put on to canvas by way of.... I actually don't know.You would think air brushing or something,but it looks to be obviously mass produced. Silk screening maybeView attachment 1618530
I will adhere these fine piece's to some cut MDF board using the medium of,spray can Gorilla Glue:laugh: . I was then going to suspend them from the ceiling by way of small gauge chrome chain but,in the spirit of having some slight class,I have chosen the wall instead. :thumbsup: O.K. fella's wish me luck,althou luck is not supposed to be a factor in most undertakings,luck is all I have to run with this time.
Rubb.
View attachment 1618531
I can't wait to see the pictures of you gluing these to your fingers...

Today's Covid-Free activity (while still on lock down) will consist of taking some "fine art" * cough cough ahem* purchased by the roomie, from FleaBay.I will transfer these from cardboard tube to beautiful wall hanging keeping in-line with the "motif" we have going on here in the place. Its ahhh ahhh a picture somehow put on to canvas by way of.... I actually don't know.You would think air brushing or something,but it looks to be obviously mass produced. Silk screening maybeView attachment 1618530
Rubb.
View attachment 1618531

Is there a "lockdown" at the other side of the gorge bridge? You are still in victoria , arent you???

Is there a "lockdown" at the other side of the gorge bridge? You are still in victoria , arent you???View attachment 1618543
"Self imposed lockdown" germs scare me....

I'll come out when it's all over. hahaha...
Actually just got in from a gr8 ride. Stopped by Hayabuser 's place.
Nice spread...imaculately kept. I felt bad leaving all the empty cans and cigarette butts in his driveway. He wasn't home. :confused::confused:
Rubb.

Done and up. Not every one's cup o tea,but the roomie used to ride a Sportster so there it is.
Total time 2 hrs.
Total cost: My cell mate blew the whole wad on it $38 bucks total including Ebay fine art. :laugh:
Took the "fine art"out of the tube...its not on canvass,its on vinyl.
A few tricks to making it which I will share for those interested.
The finished product....
Rubb.

Back