Sermon of John Hagee

FLCN72

Registered
This was sent to me by a friend of mine. I don't know who John Hagee is, but this struck me as powerfully written. Have to admit it caused me to pause a moment and reflect. Anyway I thought it was interesting and that I'd pass it along here.

The following passage is from a sermon by John Hagee:

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands. He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war. He stands though, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and
disgust and tells us this...

I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it.

I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains.

I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

It's the soldier, not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It's the soldier, not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier, not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

Amen."

This was sent to me by a friend of mine.  I don't know who John Hagee is, but this struck me as powerfully written.  Have to admit it caused me to pause a moment and reflect.  Anyway I thought it was interesting and that I'd pass it along here.

The following passage is from a sermon by John Hagee:

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands. He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war. He stands though, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and
disgust and tells us this...

I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it.

I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains.

I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

It's the soldier, not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It's the soldier, not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier, not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

Amen."
John Hagee is a very respectable Christian minister. He's been around a while, very good man. I like what he wrote there!
unclesam.gif

He's a pastor for a church in San Antonio, Texas. He also has a television program on through the week. Very powerful stuff from what I've just heard.

uh, Mr. Busa, the heading is Random Thoughts- whatever is on your mind. This section has has a grand history of sports, religious and political topics. If you don't believe me ask Kerberos. I personally found the post inspiring, and you should pray every time you hit the starter on a Hayabusa.

uh, Mr. Busa, the heading is Random Thoughts- whatever is on your mind. This section has has a grand history of sports, religious and political topics. If you don't believe me ask Kerberos. I personally found the post inspiring, and you should pray every time you hit the starter on a Hayabusa.
Ditto!

Just a friendly reminder....
this is a bike board not a religious board.....
Evidently Mr. Busa didn't check the heading of this section...This is what Random Thoughts is all about "Buddy"...As a matter of fact I spend most of my time here which has been quite a bit as of late and I enjoy the inspirational readings...

Just a tip for you Mr. Busa if you run across some thing you don't like just don't comment...
muscle.gif

Props to who ever made this original post...
unclesam.gif

Just a friendly reminder....
this is a bike board not a religious board.....
Evidently Mr. Busa didn't check the heading of this section...This is what Random Thoughts is all about "Buddy"...As a matter of fact I spend most of my time here which has been quite a bit as of late and I enjoy the inspirational readings...

Just a tip for you Mr. Busa if you run across some thing you don't like just don't comment...  
muscle.gif

Props to who ever made this original post...  
unclesam.gif
Ditto! (man of few words these days).
wink.gif

Though I am not personally a religious man, that particular speech struck me as thought provoking. That it was phrased as a prayer didn’t take away from my interest in it at all. It was the imagery and obvious feeling put into it that I felt might catch attention here in Random Thoughts. Especially with the worries of war abroad and so many service men and women overseas. Perhaps it is fair to say most of us know someone in the military who may be put in harms way. I certainly do and the sermon touched upon my concerns far more eloquently than I could have written them.

I stand corrected. My appologies

up late tonight and can't sleep; It really makes u think.. Brother in law just went back to Yuma to be ship oversea's. My prayers to anyone else in same situation.(u never know want can happen over there)

I'm out

My son-in-law is on active duty in the US Army and while his MOS (he fuels choppers) is not likely to put him into combat I appreciate the thoughts and prayers for all our soldiers.
smile.gif

Very thought provoking and inspiring. I can always appreciate something like this.

Brian

Back