Screwed the front tire.

TxThundar

Registered
Well at the gas station on the way home today, I did a tire check and found a screw in the front tire. Man it never fails a little over 1000 on the tire and you have to replace it. Anyone have a good hook up on tires online. The dealer said about 120 for a front so around 200 with tax if I just drop off the bike and let them change it and buy a tire from them. I was hoping to move to Pilot Powers when the back was gone, loved them on my R6. Any one have any advice about running two different types front and back. Also anyone have a lot of miles and had to replace front from ware. I know on my R6 I replaced the front tire every other rear so about 8k, with the rear every 4k. Just curious on how the Busa is on the tires. I know the rear takes a beating from all the power these bikes puts down.

I am replacing both front and rear tomorrow with a set of Pilot Powers. I only got 1700 miles out of the stock Battlax tire on the rear, so I have no idea what to tell you about how the powers are going to last... I got the set of tires with installation out the door for $401.00 (front was 120, rear 204, installation 25 each, then tax..) From what I have always been told, you should always replace both at the same time if it is a normal replacement on one of the tires due to wear.. In your case, maybe the full set would not be necessary since you only have 1k on them. You should definitely not mix brands or models though...

If the front is a slightly softer compound, you should be okay.

--Wag--

i still wouldnt mix brands and types..regardless...pony up and get a set, or just replace with fron with the same brand as u had. chalk it up to bad luck bro, but no way would i put a Pilot Power up front with the crappy battle ax in the rear..

Dude no worries I have ran different tires in front and rear and had no problems it is just a myth. But yes I do normally like to run same brand tire front and rear.

i still wouldnt mix brands and types no way would i put a Pilot Power up front with the crappy battle ax in the rear..
I wouldn't recommend mixing brands either. I'd have to disagree with you on the battleax. I find the BTO15 that comes on your new busa to be an excellent tire. The same tire comes on the GSXR1000. I've run a number of sets out and find them to be only 3 seconds off race pace. The pilot power won't do any better and the 15 will give you much more warning before it totally looses grip. The 15 also gives better grip than the PP when it's overheated!

For my own use, I wouldn't trade a set of 15's for an annual supply of PP's!

Myth or not, I won't run different brands on front and rear. The "break loose" point is different from each manufacture's compound.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I went ahead and ordered a new frong Bridgestone off of ebay found one for 100 buck including the shipping. I have to put a new front and rear on my Roadliner so I did not want to pony up the extra bucks to move over to Pilot Powers front and rear. dadofthree I am with you on the learn to install my own tires. I need to pony up for stands also but have been putting it off (guess I should not have sold them when I moved from the R6 to the Roadliner). Oh well I will be out 160 total for tire and install. This makes the third bike with a nail in a tire just over 1000k.

Back