Saving Money

Divorce....

Didn't want it, but it has turned out to be a great savings plan for me.....
cool.gif

Wow! Never married....too many of my friends have been taken to the cleaners by cheat'n wives!!! Have been close twice.......Glad it hasn't happened yet, I wouldn't have had 2 bikes like I got now!

I invested $5000 in what's called a "Bond Ladder" about 10 years ago.
I now have $47,800 invested in Bond/CD ladder type investments, just from rolling matured bond/cd's into longer term, higher yeild
assets.
I earn income of about $200 a month (AVERAGE ONLY) in income without using/losing Net Capital.
Bond Ladders are a series of solid (very recession proof) return bonds that yeild anywhere from
5-9% annually with staggered maturity dates. This does 2 things. It allows you to use money for emergency expenses
that has stayed above the rate of inflation and protects against falling yeilds volitile markeys because they're staggered, bought and matured at different times.
It's a good way to give yourself a paycheck that's been doing something besides devaluating like the dollar.

The only way to get ahead of the falling dollar and inflation is to use money that's been earning above those
factors.

Take a look into it. It's easy to set up and really works.

The thing with building a bond ladder is, you have to have a chunk to invest without touching it for a while at least until your yield can be rolled into more bond/cd's. This money should not be accessed unless you have an emergency.
If you have $1000 to start, try a $500 3 year and a $500 1 year. After that 1 year, roll that yield from the 1 year into another 1-3 year bond.
The longer the term, the higher the yield. Eventually, that yeild will pay for another Bond, CD. Now you have 3 and the 3 year is close to maturity at a higher interest rate. That's the magic of them...You always have something maturing soon.

Good luck man! If you need any investing advice, lemme know. 401K, Roth, ETF...whatever

I will be sending you a PM soon lol.. But you have to dumb it donw a bit tho.. i am not that inverstment talk savvy.. I am hoping ot have 2 to 3K to invest soon.

You got to do what you got to do.
I was in debt up to my eyeballs.

60k in credit card debt. But I won't do bankruptcy.

I ened up meeting the right girl, and she cleaned my act up real good.

No eating out anymore (she cooks great and healthy anyways)
quit smoking
got a shared cell phone plane
cut out everything but basic cable
put my high interest ccards at 0% on her cards
got a job with her so we only have one car
Bought my Busa for $5k used!!
No more cloths- I still wear them, but I don't buy anmore!!
Work out instead of going out!
She did put the kybosh on mods, though!

Cutting my credit card balances down 1000-2000 a month new.

Booyah!

im in a bad situation, i was stupid with my ex and didn't realize how much i was spending on her cause i was always pretty good with it never went more than a grand or so on my cc cause i could alwways knock that out in a week  or two. but when we moved in together she got lazy and never wanted to cook at home and constantly wanted to go out and go to the movies instead of using netflix and i got deep into debt over the course of a year.  now that i gave her the boot im realizing how bad it is and im trying to figure out ways to get out of debt and to cut back on my spending. im trying to find a roomie i can trust thats "ok" with money and thats hard to find cause the friends that are decent with money i think i'de be tempted to use my 12 ga on.

i've been driving the car more than the bike lately cause my civic gets about 29mpg while my bike is getting 32 or so, so by the time you figure out tires the cars winning right now.

all my friends are hard party animals so im drinkin keystone light or golden grain 190 proof when i go out i usually drink for 5 or 10 bucks all night if not free cause im friends with all the bartenders and bar owners but i've been cutting back on that drastically by working anywhere between 48 - 72 hours a week which kills my free time

no more ac ... in florida! it doesnt really bother me anymore my ex was the one who wanted the apt freezing so when she left my power went from 140 a month to between 50 to 70 a month

i usually eat at work ... hospital food so its uber cheap and is healthy and horrible tasting so im also loosing weight as a benifit about 50 for 2 weeks is 2 meals 5 days a week which is usually all i eat for the day

when i go to the grocery store i pig out at my moms house first so i get so damn full i won't buy anything except healthy food that will last me that i won't eat in one fat boy sitting no snacky food if i do actually buy meat its boneless skinless chick breast from sams 1.50 a pound ftw which is about as cheap as you can get for edible meat

quite my gym membership and stole my lil bro's ymca card cause i can pass for him and he never uses it

download any cd's or burn them from my buddie cause he gets almost any cd 2 months before they come out and movies a few weeks before they hit the theatre

if i have to smoke i walk from my house to the walmart, 7-11 or hess and see whats buy 1 get 1 but lately i've been using the free redman dip i got from bikeweek cause i talked the promo chick into giving me a whole box wich which was 30 cans of straight cut and 30 or wintergreen

but im looking for cheap ways to kill time without spending money wich is kinda hard sometimes so im looking into buying a surfboard which is gonna cost me about 250 brand new threw my buddie which will only cost me the gas from my house to the beach wich is only like 5 miles

on the days i do feel like splurging i go to the chinese place buy my house for they're lunch special wich is 3.50 and its huge it feeds me for at least a day almost 2

but im lookin for more ways to be a cheapazz i realized staying a way from relationshipable women is good cause they always end up costing money and sticking with the ones with loose morals that i don't have to put any effort or money into

we set up 2 IRA's...we have money automatically transfered from our checking each month into the IRA's.........We cut back on going out to eat...we get our groceries at walmart...we only eat out on the weekends...and 1 meal on sat and 1 meal on sun.....My wife has us on a budget every month..we budget food and gas...all our bills...we very rarely turn on the heater or AC...if its cold put on more cloths...if its hot open windows and drink cold water....we are making all bill payments and we still have about $1300 a month to pay towards debt.....we have with her car, 2 busas, credit cards about $40k.....so hopefully we will have the CC & my busa paid off in about 8-9 months...then it will just be her busa and her car...

Back