Safety awareness ride

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks, we had a " Safety Awareness Ride " this past Sat night. It went pretty well and I lead 40 bikes around town for about a hr or so.

Last year about this time we had a couple of local riders hit by un-aware cage drivers and 1 girl was killed. So we had a memorial ride and about 100 riders on all types of bikes showed up, we contacted news media ... and the report went well. We decided however that it should be an annual " Safety Awareness Ride " rather than a memorial ride to try and prevent more tragity.

If you want to do this sorta thing in your area let me know if you need some pointers or more info.

- K

2WMFlyer.jpg

Looks like it was fun...
If you have some time, PM some info.
I would be interested in having one out here in New Mexico this summer.

Thanks guys for the inquiry's and pm's maybe next year we can do a Busa.org ride and it will be a coast 2 coast thing on the same night. Anyway here's a few suggestions for ya if your going to do a local one this year :

Basically we just posted it up on our local website www.2wm.org and printed up some flyers, you can use the photo copy I posted up just delete the club name and date. Get the local paper & news media radio & TV to do public service announcements and get flyers to all the local shops, Harley & custom shops too. Get notice to the police dept too. We promoted a little too late only a week out. But I would say 2 - 3 weeks ahead to strat promoting it. We rode last year with those little glow sticks for each rider and before the ride make a little safety speech and remind everyone this is a public safety awareness ride Try and get the hot rods and stunters to keep both wheels on the ground. We did however do a lot of engine rev's in down town :-) We live in a college town and it was tuff to get them cooperate on that ... set locations for start like a local bike shop ( some shop owners may wanna help sponser and stay open late that night, they love lots of bikes in their parking lot and maybe they could offer specials $$$ ) and maybe set a drive in or starbucks or something for the finish. Hooters or similar would be good but make sure no one ends up drinking alcohol or something and it turns into a bad story.

Have fun let me know how it goes. - K

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
A SAFETY RIDE IS WAY BETTER THAN A MEMORIAL RIDE!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back