running very rich

draali

Registered
I have a 2011 hayabusa with yosimura slip on exhaust system running very rich asking should I purchase a power commander or wynn power charge bike sat for 2 years

shouldnt be running rich enough for a power commander to be needed but i have one for sale if u decide to get one. have u tried fresh gas and new plugs? maybe its not burning good enough

^^ What he said, if it has sat for 2 years drain the gas tank dry and get some fresh fuel in it before worrying to much.

How do you tell if your bike is running rich or not? ....... Some people have told me if you stick you're finger and rub it inside the exhaust and it comes out black that means its running too rich...... Is there any truth to this? because i think it's a bunch of BS...

the best way to tell is a wideband. outside of that your just guessing - unless your fuel mileage is terrible and i mean TERRIBLE! my gen1 had the IAP sensor come unplugged from vacuum and it ran like crap unless you were 11%+ throttle and the mileage was awful. without the IAP it runs super rich under 11% throttle

Pull maintenance on it, because those slip-ons didn't really affect your tune.

Back