Rpm window activated nos

sully

Donating Member
Registered
NOS has quickly become high on my priority list for bike parts, i think that between a 36 and a 40 shot would prob save me the trouble of a big bore kit and save alot of money. My main question is can you purchase a RPM sensitive activation module? I would like to know that between 7000 and 10500 when armed it would automaticly activate and then turn off before the auto-airshifter kicked in at 10.8k (I have an extended RPM ECM).

I like the idea of a dry shot and would try the MPS fast FI box so it wouldn't run lean but before i waste the money does anyone think that a progressive controller would be needed or is that only for the larger shots?

I have had NOS on SB chevy's before and it was alot of fun but i know that on a bike it will be insane. Any help would be appreciated and if anyone knows a place to get a deal on the equipment that would be great too.

thanks

there are a lot of window switch's availible,the schnitz peice is small,i have one thats going on the 12,should get one for the busa    

msd makes a few,this is the digital one,no chips needed
http://www.jegs.com/webapp....ngId=-1

dynotune makes this one with wot switch http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store....uct=194

2 dial can be very effective,but may not be nessacary,it depends on your setup,w/b r/h gearing,jet size,and what gear you want to start spraying in

a couple of .026's or .027's or a single .036 or .038 will get your attention,good luck

All of those look good to me, the schnitz seems to be the least likely to fail from the looks of them (dials vs digital) but it said that it has had problems with the 2002 and up Busa TPS input. Also is the RPM window fully adjustable to whatever RPM i choose, the Mid range seems good but i would like it to cut off closer to 10k not 12.5k. Thanks for the intel i think you just made up my mind to go with NOS instead of a $4k engine kit.

Do you recommend the dual jets or the single setup? I want an even power delivery. I have seen an install with a single jet, where do you install the two jets?

I am deployed overseas right now but have a little R&R time coming up, looks like i have a new weekend project. Any ideas on where to get a good price on these parts would be great too.

thanks

I've got one of the MSD Window switches on it's way to my house right now. It uses "pills" to set which RPM it activates and which is shuts off at. I'm going to be running 4,800 activation and 10,200 shut-off (or somewhere around there). Even though it shuts off there it doesn't mean the nitrous won't still be in the airbox so I'm giving it a little bit more room.

I would go with a dual nozzle set-up. If you go with poly lines, which are much cheaper, you can get the dual set-up from MPS racing then all you'll need is another nozzle(it comes with a t-fitting, 6 foot secion of hose) and couple jets depending on what size shot you want to run.

You can should mount the two nozzles on the ram air tubes, facing the air filter.

E-racer has helped me out with everything so far. I'm going to hopefully finish my install this week.

4800 ? did you mean 6800 or 7800 ? i never hit it below 7k on the busa 8k on the 12

i can't say if a single or dual line is better,i have only used a dual line on the busa,in the air intakes,i think i still have some pics if you want to see them,it works fine,i have a single line to the airbox on the 12 and it works equally well

a couple of .022's or a single .032 is a good place to start

all of the above switch's are adjustable to any possible rpm

4800 ? did you mean 6800 or 7800 ? i never hit it below 7k on the busa 8k on the 12
Well the window switch has the 4800 low end pill in it that I bought but I'm not going to hit the button until 6500-6800 indicated. Once I get it all installed I'm going to order either the 6000 or 7000 series pills for the window switch.

if you have pics of your install with dual nozzles that would be great. Can you still run an air filter with the nozzles in the ram air tubes?

here are the pics,they aren't the best,but they may be of some help

IM000700_edited.jpg

IM000706.jpg

IM000764_edited.jpg

i use a bmc filter

Back