Rossi & Stoner Video

Nice ... best GP race in 08. Is it safe to say that Rossi is the best MotoGP racer EVER ? Sure got my vote
thumb_up.gif

I have been watching races for a long time and the only other race I can think of to compare that to is the Rainey VS Schwantz battle at Hockenheim Germany in 1991. That race was a demonstration of riding superiority! This is en Espanol but it tells the story. I actually have a VHS version of this whole race I am going to have to dig out and watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ... best GP race in 08.  Is it safe to say that Rossi is the best MotoGP racer EVER ?  Sure got my vote  
thumb_up.gif
I would have to say YES Rossi is the best because he can beat you with a slower bike.

Could Stoner win with a slower bike - NO

Stoner is good with more power, 6 sec lead and no one around him.

But Rossi will track you down with a slower bike, he will make pass's in places that you are not supposed to pass and pull it off.

He is AMAZING time and time again.

Look closely when he has his head down, it looks like his helmet is so far forward its near the front axle.

When Rossi has his head down - - he will track you down - I love watching him

Nice ... best GP race in 08.  Is it safe to say that Rossi is the best MotoGP racer EVER ?  Sure got my vote  
thumb_up.gif
I would have to say YES Rossi is the best because he can beat you with a slower bike.

Could Stoner win with a slower bike - NO

Stoner is good with more power, 6 sec lead and no one around him.

But Rossi will track you down with a slower bike, he will make pass's in places that you are not supposed to pass and pull it off.

He is AMAZING time and time again.

Look closely when he has his head down, it looks like his helmet is so far forward its near the front axle.  

When Rossi has his head down - - he will track you down - I love watching him
Sounds a lot like the King, Kenny Roberts Sr.
bowdown.gif

Those two are awesome the best out there without a doubt. Don't want to say best ever don't want to take anything away from other fav's Eddie Lawson, Roberts, Miladin the races they ran also kept my my eyes popping out my head 2. Nothing better than seeing 2 Jedi Knights battle.
fight.gif

We were sittihg in the grandstands at turn #4. Rossi refused to let Stoner run away with the race, and forced Stoner to make a mistake. These 2 out classed the rest of the field by so much that when Stoner did make the mistake and laid his bike down, he pick it bike up and still finished second!!! What a great race!!! We can't wait for Indy!!!

The best pass attempt wasn't even shown on the video. Stoner tried to go under Rossi in T3 and Rossi hung it out to dry on the outside and made it work. Not sure if the TV coverage covered it, but it was covered by motogp.com. It was insane, too bad it wasn't in this clip...

Also, Stoner looked like a punk complaining about Rossi's aggressive riding.

Dude you lost the race because you crashed in the sand, Rossi had nothing to do with that.

Maybe if Rossi punted you off the track on the last corner of the last lap(like Giberneau), you'd have a case.

Not to mention Stoner put in a BIG aggressive pass in T3. You can't complain about passes that you make.

The corkscrew incident wasn't intentional. Rossi practically crashed, so throw that one out.

If you piss Rossi off, Stoner is gonna find himself on a bench with Giberneau and Biaggi
wowold.gif
laugh.gif

We were there watching at the Corkscrew, the sound the bikes make the first time they all come roaring up the hill and you can't see them yet...
wowold.gif

It's very loud, and I had earplugs in from 40 yds away.  Watching Rossi and Stoner battle back and forth, awesome! I kinda wish Stoner hadn't gone off, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

I've been watching Rossi for a little while, he seems to late brake on the inside, get in front and force the rider he just passed to slow down right when he gets on the gas.  He kept Stoner behind him in this race. And I think the winner of this race was going to be the guy who made fewer mistakes. Has Hayden made the podium this season?
poke.gif

Rossi:

Vale_on_the_Corkscrew_2.JPG

Back