Road Atlanta

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Well,
I am back from Road Atlanta and here's a quick recap:
I left for Braselton at 0900 on Sat. Arrived after traffic and a couple of stops at 1500 (I had to check in to my hotel first).
I met up with Bronc3 and Dakkine and we went out to eat, ended up at a Mexican restraunt. We went back to the tracj and briefly met Ted Biele, he seemed to be feeling pretty good.....
On Sun, we went out on the track for the Suzuki parade laps -(from what Bronc3 told me, it was very slow compared to Sat)
I was able to hit 90+ a few times - it was my first time on any kind of a track, and it was awesome! Bronc3 took some video and I think he is going to try to put it up. After the laps, I briefly met Hayagreg - nice guy.
Anyway, we watched some race action and then before I knew it, it was time to leave. I have a good friend who had to evacute from New Orleans because of Katrina; he went Atlanta and I wanted to get down to see him before it was too late. After I left his house, I got out on the I-85S headed home.
About 1930, I looked ahead of me and there was NO other traffic in my view. I had an easy two to three mile strech of road, still light out, no cops - on a Busa!?! What could I do? For the first time, I topped her out. It was such a rush, that I actually had to pull into a gas station and celebrate.
Anyway, to recap the high points:
Got some cool Suzuki stuff.
Met some great people (great people on the boards!)
Got out on a track for the first time.
Topped Bessie out for the first time.
Got back home to see my wife and kids!
All for a grand total of 1020 miles in 36 hours. Man, am I sore!
I'll post some pics tomorrow!

biggrin.gif
looks like you had a good time...

Glad you made it back ok. We got back in town around 2:00 am. It was good to meet with you and we'll have to do it again next year. Maybe even Daytona in the spring.

Here's a pic of Bessie in the room at my Roach Motel.

DSC03509.JPG

Glad you made it back ok. We got back in town around 2:00 am. It was good to meet with you and we'll have to do it again next year. Maybe even Daytona in the spring.
Thanks man - It was great hanging with you guys! I have a few pics that I need to send your way.

Daytona.....Hmmmmmm!

Here's a pic of Bessie out in the sun, just before I left to head back to Milton.

DSC03604.JPG

Here's a pic from one of the three laps before they restarted the last race (Yates won, Mladin took the Championship - all he had to do was finish!) Yates had gone down on Sat; so did Zemke...

DSC03613.JPG

Hey guys, great to meet you all however brief.
Track time could've been better with fewer bikes on it. Its' like how many bikes can we fit on Road Atl at one time? I think I hit maybe 130 but that was it. Atlanta Motor Speedway was way more fun - about 160 on it into a 23 degree bank and still leanin'.
I posted a pic of my dyno sheet in the dyno section. Check it out!
Later.

Back