Ride or Drive

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Gotta go from Tulsa to Northern Texas for work for a couple of days... Trying to decide on whether to ride or drive..... UGH... Decisions decisions.

I'll let you guys know, but I'm strongly leaning towards riding.... LOL... I love riding and the weather is good.

What NO trailer?

Can't ride your bike during work can you?

If you had a trailer, there would be a parking spot for it while at work and then go ride after work.
Besides the weather can change fast and you might not like it.

But it's your choice.

I'm going to assume that you knew what you were going to do when you made this post. :laugh:

Please ride. If not for you, for those of us that are scraping ice off our windshields every morning!

In 1977, I rode a 76 Honda 750 K from Topeka, Kansas to Satanta, Kansas- about 370 miles when the outside temp was 48 degrees. Wind was blowing hard enough that I really had to lean opposite the wind direction. I had an old helmet with the snap on face shield. I was wearing flannel shirt, sweat shirt, jean jacket, insulated coveralls, (at about Dodge City, I stopped and stuffed wadded up newspapers in my coveralls) To this day I have never been so cold as on that ride. Good luck if you ride, and dress for it.

Back home... I didn't ride... I checked the weather from here to there... I don't mind riding in the cold, I have gear for that. I won't purposely ride in the rain. There was a front moved through on part of my trip. I would have gotten wet.

Checked the weather - Smart move. :thumbsup:

If it was July or August that would have been a different story as it's unlikely that it would have been cold with a windchill.

At this time of year almost any weather is possible - but more than likely it would be less than desirable, IMO.

Considering there is a light dusting of snow over in Ponca City right now, probably was smart to have gone with 4 wheels rather than 2.

When I was back about 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to get the VTX out for a short spin. Weather was just perfect. Dad just sent me a pic of the snow. Glad I went when I did.

Considering there is a light dusting of snow over in Ponca City right now, probably was smart to have gone with 4 wheels rather than 2.

When I was back about 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to get the VTX out for a short spin. Weather was just perfect. Dad just sent me a pic of the snow. Glad I went when I did.

I'm in Sapulpa and it has been snowing all day.

Back