Revlis and his bloody Silkolene

BTW,
I used to use synthetic automotive oil instead of motorcycle oil and it worked very smooth and never had a problem.
It was very cheap.
In the provious article (see link above post) it was not proven that motorcycle oil kept its viscosity longer then auto oil.
rock.gif

Anyone, Anyone, Bueler?

I have not heard of any problems when going from synth to dino. But it can cause problems to go from dino to synth in an old motor that has always had dino in it. The synth cleans away all the build up around the seals, that may have kept the old seals from leaking, and then they start leaking.

Yeah, Despite manufacturer claims, I would be real hesitant to put a full synthetic oil in an old pre-1990 or so high mileage engine...

1127 TO 1299 Yeah I read that article a few times. Wasn't and isn't really relevant to this discussion though. It's sort of like buying helmets. If you got a $10 head buy a $10 helmet. Do some reading, look at the facts regarding the Ester Synthetics Vs PAOs, and things start to make sense. Will Castrol, or Freaking Pennzoil work? Yeah, but it is still manufactured from inferior products to meet a price point, it's simple. So, Will the cheap stuff work? Yup, but will the High Quality stuff work better, longer? Yup. Will it make a difference... That’s really the sticky point and a question each of us has to answer on their own. What's your bike really worth to you? How hard do you ride, and in what sort of environment?

Cutting corners on a High Performance bike is something akin to using budget parachute cord when re-stringing a chute. Will it do the job?... Probably, but wouldn't you feel better knowing you spent a little extra money to get some of the best stuff on the market? I do... I'll skimp on my cage, But on the bike? Do it right or don't do it at all... It really could be your ass on the line when on two wheels.

I noticed Motul make a full ester synth, think its called Motul300v, I might check out the price on that. Anyone used it?
rock.gif

As for the Silkolene experiment, after several days riding (~250km) the super smooth shifting has faded a little but still very superior to prev oils. I have also noticed improved clutch feel during hard launching, seems to hook up better.

Still happy.

One thing to remember when talking synth oils is the base used. Synth oils with different base stocks can be as different as synth vs. dino. 
http://www.motul.com.au/fact_sheets/estel_oil.html

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085791681 -->

try a Full Ester Synthetic oil... Not a fuggin blend, not a bargain product, then come back and tell me I am full of sh!d...  Seriously...
that is what amsoils synth motorcycle oil is right?
thats what ive been useing since i get it cheap
Havent tried Silkolene yet but i would think its would be about the same as the amsoil

Back