Rev Fred Phelps and his followers...

dreamin_of_ridin

a.k.a. Dreamin_of_Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Rev. Fred Phelps is a religious fanatic who is just as dangerous as any other religious fanatic. He believes that if someone does not believe exactly as he does, they are doomed to he11. I learned that yesterday he and his followers planned to protest at the funerals of the amish children who were recently killed. The pickett signs his followers were planning to use in the protest called the girls whores and said they deserved to die. I am appalled by this. How could anyone who claims to serve God protest a childs funeral calling them whores? This has me extremely distressed. I would like to thank one radio personality, though I don't remember his name, for putting a stop to the protest by allowing the lunatics 1 hour air time on his show. They had to sign a contract that they would not protest at the amish funerals in exchange for the hour. He said it was horrible but at least the children were mourned in peace.

Fanatics of any type make me very uncomfortable.
Guys like this are no different than bin Laden, using the name of God to further their own bigotry. A special place in hell is being warmed up for them.........
firedevil.gif

Yeah, I saw the guy on Fox News that offered that lunatic group one hour of his radio show to talk their drivel if they agree to NOT pickett the funerals, and thank goodness they took him up on the offer...the guy that turned that fiasco around is named Mike Gallagher...
beerchug.gif

Ummm, yeah, the preacher's daughter is a real peach: "Those Amish people, everyone is sitting around talking about those poor little girls — blah, blah, blah — they brought the wrath upon themselves," Phelps-Roper said, adding that the Amish "don't serve God, they serve themselves."

Hmm, Hadn't heard of him. Sound slike a perfect 300m target to me...

Fred Phelps, IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE WORST SIDE OF RELIGON!!

Smoke screen. The REAL problem is the MEDIA that brings crap up front for everyone. Stop the media, stop the problem.

Reglious or not, why are people PROTESTING at FUNERALS at all? That's one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Isn't Mr.Phelps the pastor at that Baptist church thats all a Family that protests the Military funerals?

(yamahor @ Oct. 06 2006,15:05) Isn't Mr.Phelps the pastor at that Baptist church thats all a Family that protests the Military funerals?
the one and the same. sub-human trash.

his only "followers" are his family, although he gets a load of media time.

This is why the Patiot Guard Riders run block at Military funerals. They have seen these lunatics up close. Real weiners!!!!!

(WWJD @ Oct. 06 2006,15:31) Smoke screen.  The REAL problem is the MEDIA that brings crap up front for everyone.  Stop the media, stop the problem.

Reglious or not, why are people PROTESTING at FUNERALS at all?  That's one of the dumbest things I've heard.
There is the rub. If they weren't doing it, the media couldn't cover it, but if the media didn't cover it, would they still be doing it?
I think any sort of demonstration, except one of support for the family, at a funeral is absolutely repugnant. No matter what a person has done, no matter who they were in life, a funeral is a time for the ones who loved that person, no matter who they were, to lay them to rest. It should be allowed to be done in peace, and with dignity.

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 06 2006,18:24) I think any sort of demonstration, except one of support for the family, at a funeral is absolutely repugnant. No matter what a person has done, no matter who they were in life, a funeral is a time for the ones who loved that person, no matter who they were, to lay them to rest. It should be allowed to be done in peace, and with dignity.
+1

I just wonder where they get their $$$$$$$ ! I know both sisters are Lawyers (figures) but with their only congregation (of a total of 25) totally their family, where's all that "MU-LA" $$$$$ come from. Traveling all across the country  isn't cheap even on a Busa. And they Fly to their locations most of the time
rock.gif

I agree that the media is the fuel, but the followers and the rights we give them are the real problem.

I'll stop before my anger surfaces.
guns.gif

Back