Replacement LED's for undertail?

busa_black

Registered
I have had this undertail for 2 yrs. Last summer some of the LED's started burning out.. What tools/hardware do I need to replace the lights? Here are the replacement LED's that I found. I am pretty new to modding/fabbing.

NT Brake Light Assembly 1 (Elipse) Clear Lens, LED Tail Light Assemblies & Lenses, 6000110 - Bike Effects .com

DSC01032_640x360.jpg

6000110.jpg

Wire strippers some connections elect tape and hot glue ta stick em to your tail that should do it

Those should bolt right up. You really only need the bulbs tho. Just need to make sure you get the ones that are low profile enough to fit under the cover. Bike Effects should have them.

Unless you're changing the lens color or something.

Also note that there are two different bulbs avail for that housing. You can get the one you picked or the upgrade one which looks like what you had. One has like 9 LEDs in it and the other has 48.

LED Board NT-600R (48 LED's) Red (Pair), LED Tail Light Assemblies & Lenses, 5200250 - Bike Effects .com

Okay it sounds pretty painless, I'm going to give it a shot along with the DDM HID kit, and the R1 throttle mod. Thanks.

DSC01025_640x480.jpg

if you can not fix them i will try,what im saying is if you attempt to fix yours and you frig them up , i probally can replace the bad ones.

In other words, pusher can try to fix your existing bulbs by replacing individual LEDs.

I just purchased a Hotboddies Undertail for my Hayabusa 06, and one of the light pucks came broken, the other looks like it was removed and glued on, does anybody have any suggestions to fixing this problem? I would like bright tail lights that serve as a brake light, and blink when I use my turn signals. I also have a back off brake module.

Back