Removing scratches from Gen1 exhaust cans

84Ninja

Registered
Hey guys. I was moving my bikes around tonight and while backing up the Busa I caught the edge of a license plate of the bike behind it and left a long horizontal scratch about 6" long:banghead:. I was so mad steam was coming out my ears!!! My question is, is there a way to buff the scratch out perpendicular to the scratch or should I just buy a new can (yes, picky). Thanks

or see if any org members have thier old cans....me...lol

Thanks guys. I was considering using a steel brush, but I'm sure that will have mixed results!

Good ole Chris (chrisjp) 'can' tighten you up! Check 'em out! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

well thanks for the plug willie...and no i havent forgot ya takeing the headers and mids down to wiegh for shipping today

mine scratched too, trying to get it in the house... tight fit. but didnt bother me much coz i was already waiting for my upgrade to arrive. I suggest you do the same!:thumbsup:

ok 84 here are some pics ill leave them larger so you can get detail out of them. again this is only the right side the left side never had any dings that i know of. just might need a good cleaning with some meatal polish to remove dirt and some tar.

DSCF2875.jpg

DSCF2876.jpg

DSCF2877.jpg

Dag, thanks Chris!! I appreciate the photos. Please thank your daughter for presenting :) PM'ed you, btw.. :bowdown:

Back