reaper risers

I will sell you a set of 3/4" spacers only for $15.  You will need to supply your own bolts and nuts.

Look Here:

soupy sales a room sponser located in the classified post area has similiar kit for like 20 bucks with all hardware
beerchug.gif

(Busa505 @ Sep. 06 2007,12:11) soupy sales a room sponser located in the classified post area has similiar kit for like 20 bucks with all hardware
beerchug.gif
I did a search for that name and only found two post and one was this thread.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 06 2007,11:34) I will sell you a set of 3/4" spacers only for $15.  You will need to supply your own bolts and nuts.

Look Here:
I'll be sending people that ask toyou bro!
super.gif

I can vouch for BlueHaya's spacers, I bought the 1"set and they work great. No problem seeing the gauges even for folks with 1.25" risers.

(busadrive @ Sep. 06 2007,15:07) I can vouch for BlueHaya's spacers, I bought the 1"set and they work great. No problem seeing the gauges even for folks with 1.25" risers.
I needed the 1" so I followed the link and got them complete with stainless hardware for 25.

I installed the spacers tonight and forgot to install the lower washers that I had removed a couple of days ago, (no biggie) I thought. When I started to remove the bolts they became thread locked! I can't get them off and I can't tighten them. After two hours I managed to break two of the bolts off (which at this point is good) problem is when one of them broke I bumped my windshield and broke it, and I just barely bumped it on the edge. Maybe it had a stressed edge or a hair line crack?
Anyway the problem is the SS bolts are too soft to use with squash nuts, the bolts are not to soft for this application if nyloc nuts are used.
I am going to stop at the bolt place tomorrow and get some grade 8 and nyloc nuts. what a pain! I will use anti-seize on the two remaining bolts and hope for the best when I remove them.
PS. All of this is done by hand (no impacts)

(Gabriel @ Sep. 12 2007,23:43) I installed the spacers tonight and forgot to install the lower washers that I had removed a couple of days ago, (no biggie) I thought. When I started to remove the bolts they became thread locked! I can't get them off and I can't tighten them. After two hours I managed to break two of the bolts off (which at this point is good) problem is when one of them broke I bumped my windshield and broke it, and I just barely bumped it on the edge. Maybe it had a stressed edge or a hair line crack?
Anyway the problem is the SS bolts are too soft to use with squash nuts, the bolts are not to soft for this application if nyloc nuts are used.
I am going to stop at the bolt place tomorrow and get some grade 8 and nyloc nuts. what a pain! I will use anti-seize on the two remaining bolts and hope for the best when I remove them.
PS. All of this is done by hand (no impacts)
Yes this will happen......
When stainless steel parts such as nuts and bolts are forced together, the oxide layer can be scraped off causing the parts to weld together. When disassembled, the welded material may be torn and pitted, an effect that is known as galling..........
I've done it before on header collector bolts, and such....

The kit originals (lower) appear to be pure SS, no coating that I can tell, maybe some cadmium?
The lower bolts should never be coupled with this type of nut! (between them). These bolts appear to be grade 5, judging by how soft they are. as you can see they are twisted, one the threads are damaged and the other snapped (this is when I broke my windscreen) you may also notice the nut that is present came off the stripped bolt in virtually pristine condition again indicating a grade mismatch.
The upper two bolts are both grade 8 one is steel (oxide coated) and the other is SS. The nut in the upper pic is a Nyloc nut that could have been successfully used with the original kit bolts and will be the installed choice now.
Some may say that the lower nut is a one time use and should not be removed, however one of the bolts seized upon installation.
Other than the cracked WS no damage was done to the bike.
The lower right bolt has had the head sawed off, it was so bent I could not remove it out the top. What a pain.

P.JPG

(micbusathens @ Sep. 13 2007,10:00) http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/
super.gif
Why spend all that money on a genmar riser when you can use the reaper riser spacers and do the same thing cheaper? I have reaper risers on my bike and love them. If you dont like the look then i can see but personally i dont spend my time looking at my bike while i'm sitting on the ground. People dont even notice that i have them on my bike...

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 13 2007,16:08)
super.gif
Why spend all that money on a genmar riser when you can use the reaper riser spacers and do the same thing cheaper? I have reaper risers on my bike and love them. If you dont like the look then i can see but personally i dont spend my time looking at my bike while i'm sitting on the ground. People dont even notice that i have them on my bike...
These are reaper risers.

I completed the install, however my brake reservoir hits the shield and the cover just below it on the right side, Could be because of the after market top tree? Is there a way to slightly raise the right side windshield stay? The left barely misses.
i also did this dash light mod when I had the bars loose.

1.JPG
3.JPG

(Gabriel @ Sep. 13 2007,18:54)
(Sloto200 @ Sep. 13 2007,16:08)
super.gif
Why spend all that money on a genmar riser when you can use the reaper riser spacers and do the same thing cheaper?  I have reaper risers on my bike and love them.  If you dont like the look then i can see but personally i dont spend my time looking at my bike while i'm sitting on the ground.  People dont even notice that i have them on my bike...
These are reaper risers.
funny... i dont see "reaper risers" anywhere in that link... all i see is GENMAR...
rolleyes_extreme.gif

Back