Radiator Hoses Routing for 99 Busa

1999hayabusa

Registered
Today i was trying to route the radiator hoses but couldnt understand the routing. Can any one explain the hoses routing or plz send me a routing diagram.

sounds like you've never loked at the service manual. If you do a search you should be able to stumble on a free online version.

I tried serching in the manual but couldnt find it..

since its apart.. all the hoses are pre bent and will only fit one way perfectly...just sit back pull up a chair and sit next to the bike and look and think about which way would water flow best, from the engine to to radiator and vice versa:beerchug: can save alot of time when ur working on ur bike to think about it logicly

Check in the manual for water hose routing or cooling system...

The lower rad hose goes from the rad to the water pump -> water pump to lower inlet on the block -> from the upper outlet back to the rad.

Thats the problem.. I have just got the 3 thick pipes and the others i will have to cut and install as i dnt have the original thin pipes :(
That is why i requested for a diagram.

the small outlet from the water pump gets router to the head (small port)
the small outlet on the upper coolant outlet on the block gets routed to the rad fill neck (small port)
the other outlet on the rad fill neck goes to the bottom of the overflow can
and a last hose from the top of the overflow can is vented

This was really helpful. Thanx for your efforts :)
I must say that this forum is really helpful for all busa owners.. It has helped me a lot in restoring my 99 busa. There are very few nos of busas in India but still i have managed to restore it with the help of forum members.
Thanx a ton :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I have been looking for this set up, i have a 99gen 1 set up this way, the manual tells you different, thanks from me to

Back