R1 Steve, memorial service today

Relsek

Registered
I never imagined that you guys would actually show and and sit through a service at my church. You guys are great. You have proven that you are more than just riding buddies, you are actual friends.

To the rest of the board..

Several from hayabusa.org were in attendance today and some from other local boards. We had..

Diesel
Spicey
Gypsy Joker
Revlis
B-Sting
Tspoole
along with a clan of sportbikers that camewith them.
There were probably 20-25 bikes parked outside.

Thanks for coming.

This link is to a small copy of the video we showed there today.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140920886 -->

Glad to be there for you Kevin. Sorry I had to duck out, I just needed to get going... it was a great service, you did a good job with that video.

The other folks were from ClearwaterBikers, and TampaTrackJunkies... Leif "Ride This" owns Clearwaterbikers and was there with a few of his folks. I dunno who the other GSXR 600 was but he had a good singing voice...
smile.gif

Again, sorry for not sticking around man, like I said, I am just too much of a big softie I had to get that helmet on in a hurry....
blush.gif

My Christian motorcycle group prayed for his family today . I hope they will be okay .

Very sorry about the loss of your friend. Looks like you will have some great memories of him through your video and photos. Ride safe.

My Christian motorcycle group prayed for his family today . I hope they will be okay .
The family seems to be doing well. Steve's younger brother seemed really saddened by the video, he told me "you got to do with Steve what I always wanted to do but never got around to"

I guess it shows us that we are not guaranteed tomorrow. so often we put people off for less imprortant things and say "I'll get with them at a later date" for some, the later date is too late.

Thanks for praying.

Kevin

I also wanted to say thanks to TsPoole for getting the Memorial stickers together. That was above and beyond...
thumbs-up.gif

I also wanted to say thanks to TsPoole for getting the Memorial stickers together.  That was above and beyond...  
thumbs-up.gif
Yes, the other motorcyclists at church snatched the rest of them up quickly. The family did get theirs first though.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105225305 -->

Some of these pictures are big, I had to make them smaller, but they are still big. Sorry if you have to scroll to see them.

We met up at the Marathon on 54 and Collier. Revlis, Diesel, Spicey, Gypsy Joker, Bruce, Tspoole, and Me. On the way, Some of the Clearwaterbiker.com guys caught up to us, and we headed out to the service. Something like this really makes you think, not about the chances you take for yourself, but what your family will have to go through if it was to happen to you. It was an eye opener.

I still have other pictures, but I think these can sum up the day pretty good.

tspoole had some stickers made up for us.

Here is one of the Group

A few shots out side of the Church

Inside the Church

We were glad to go and support Kevin, and Steve's Family.

Great video and you did a great job speaking...I don't think I could've pulled it off. I'm looking forward to doing some more riding with you.

I was honored to be there~ It was good to meet Steve's Mom and be able to give her a hug.. I thought she was never gonna let go of my hand~
wink.gif
 I'm sorry I had to bug out early, Kevin~ TKM and I was pretty much hosting the TTJ picnic and I had left her there alone so I had to run~ The Memorial Service was beautiful to say the least~ Steve's a good man and, from what I seen there today, will be missed by many from all walks of life~ I'm happy to have got the chance to meet and ride with him.. even if it was for a day~ I will remember him every Biketober Fest from here on out.. and always~  
Big thanks to tspoole for hookin up those awesome Memorial Stickers! If there's any left, I'd like to get another to post in my work shop/garage~
smile.gif

Thanks for the pics Sting...
thumbs-up.gif
Good Stuff, sorry posting them is proving to be a chore...

Wish I could have made out there, but this is my working weekend. Darn job, always gets in the way of the important stuff.

Prayers to Steve's family and friends.

I dunno who the other GSXR 600 was but he had a good singing voice...  
smile.gif
His name is Bruce, I invited him to go, too bad some of the others didnt like him. He's a nice guy but too aggressive for some I guess. Maybe his little 600 should have taken lead since he was "on everyones ass"
I heard that singing behind me and didn't know who it was, he knew the songs better than I did. I didn't get to see him ride though so I can't make a judgement on that.

Kevin

I never imagined that you guys would actually show and and sit through a service at my church. You guys are great. You have proven that you are more than just riding buddies, you are actual friends.

To the rest of the board..

Several from hayabusa.org were in attendance today and some from other local boards. We had..

Diesel
Spicey
Gypsy Joker
Revlis
B-Sting
Tspoole
along with a clan of sportbikers that camewith them.
There were probably 20-25 bikes parked outside.

Thanks for coming.

This link is to a small copy of the video we showed there today.

Kevin
It was an honor Steve, so sorry that this happened.  The grieving process has just begun though buddy - and your friends aren't going anywhere.  We're here, let's get some saturday rides going out in your neck of the woods soon.  This is going to hurt for a while and there is no better use for a friend than to be there when it hurts.  Hell, anyone can be there for good times . .

I am very glad the stickers were appreciated.  

<s>As far as anything else goes...</s> <span style='color:skyblue'>(Good Point... REV)</span>

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "Good Point...."|1105245578 -->

My condolences. Wonderful, and very sobering video. There is NO better way to pay your respects for you friends.

Back