Quick run down to ft. lauderdale

Ride_or_Fish

Donating Member
Registered
My machine ready to leave the house.

DSC01970.JPG

The new and replacement condo construction is going full bore down there... too bad. The strip on A1A is starting to look like a mini Las Vegas.

DSC01972.JPG

Sorry I didn't get any good shots of the multitudinous peeps along the the beach, but the scenery was simply mahvelous.
cool.gif

DSC01973.JPG

Nice ride, Im jelous. Im finally plated, insured, its 70 and sunny in the Chicago burbs, and here is my bike. I hope I like these new fork springs for my fat azz.

members.cox.net images missing

I thought about you guys yesterday, I was wanting to ride today and thought of calling you but never did. I ended up riding by myself this morning. Twice in the first 40 miles I noticed some FHP, so I took it easy up to Brooksville. At Brooksville I met up with these guys so I tagged along for a little while.

3/4 ths a mile after I split with them I was pulled over by the FHP, good thing he didn't catch me 2 minutes earlier, I was doing over double the speed I was doing when he nabbed me.

tn_100_5307.JPG

Ouch, FHP had a nice speed trap on the interstate that we managed to squeek through without incident though we were well "in excess", but rolling with most traffic. They were trolling for high dollar speeders instead.

Ouch,  FHP had a nice speed trap on the interstate that we managed to squeek through without incident though we were well "in excess", but rolling with most traffic.  They were trolling for high dollar speeders instead.
I had just turned onto a road with a 55 limit after doing over 150 with the geezers. I was doing 73 when he clocked me but he was very nice and let me off with a warning. He even invited me back to ride his roads some more. He said he used to race bikes. He appeared to know all about the Hayabusa and it's abilities.

I count today as another GOOD day.

Kevin

Amazing, and very cool. We were stopped in Okeechobee County two weekends ago by an older gentleman sergeant and he let us go with a verbal warning. He said we were doing 75 in a 55 - I'm glad his speed guesstimator was WAY off...

Amazing, and very cool.   We were stopped in Okeechobee County two weekends ago by an older gentleman sergeant and he let us go with a verbal warning.  He said we were doing 75 in a 55 - I'm glad his speed guesstimator was WAY off...
I don't know how he determined my speed, but he was pretty close. When I saw him I looked down and was in that range. He probably saw me before I saw him. I was cresting a hill at the time. Yes a hill, come up sometime and I'll show you the roads.

Back