quick release screws

gcal

Registered
does anybody have quick release screws for the plastics or gas tank on the busa?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

i recently saw an Aprila that had the screws on the plastics, stock bike,
they are a type of screw that releases after 1 and a half turn.

do you have them (the quick relase screws or the tank quick relase screws)?
if so please post pics.
and or how to install and were to get the screws
or even if you dont have them do you have any ideas on how to do them?

i have seen the quick release set up for the gas tank and seat that got busa has for sale (he wants 40 bones for them) but im just so broke i would really want to do it myself to save money.

any information on this is greatly apprecaited

i plan on painting the beast (i hope so any way)
and i belive the quick release screws would be an excellent mod and would look good.

thanks for all the info and advice
g_c

rock.gif

rock.gif

dam has no one heard off this
rock.gif
???
or is nobody interseted?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

throw a dog a bone, please........

rock.gif

rock.gif

Contact Ice Man about the ones he used in his hump storage modification. I think that is what you want. You push them in and turn them 1/4 turn to lock them in place.

I like the idea, but you'd have to replace the screw holes with the female quarter-turn receptacle. That would be a lot of work potentially.

It would make things easier though!

I think any speed shop carry's them..kind of a generic thing, but only Dzus makes them. Ask for them by name....PaceM

Lockhart-Philips sells them in packs of 3 for $19.
wow.gif
I seen them on the shelf at Suzuki. I was looking for them for my hump mod, but that's too much cash.

no kidinn that is spendy for screws
i guess i better get used to turning the alan wrench

Ditch the allen wrenching (at least by hand). Buy the allen sizes you need in socket form and use a cordless drill. You will have them all out in a matter of seconds. I set the clutch on my drill to just snug them before it slips.

GO TO YOUR LOCAL RACE SHOP. I KNOW I CAN GET THEM BY THE BULK BUT NOT SURE WHAT THE COST IS I KNOW I CAN GET A DISCOUNT CAUSE MY MOM MANAGES A PROSTOCK RACING BUSINESS, THEY ARE THE SAME FASTNERS USED TO HOLD MOST PANLES ON PROSTOCK DRAG CARS FOR EASY ON AND OFF ACCESS.. GET BACK TO ME AND I MIGHT BE ABLE TO POST AFTER I FIND OUT HOW MUCH AND HOW MANY I CAN GET AT A TIME.
JAMES

Back