- other? any more comfort stuff?

optional:
- gps [i dont really care]
- snow tires
- gun
- bug spray [no camping involved so why bother]
- tire patch kit [I'm a wuss and will call in heli support instead]

Trip from Iowa thru Denver, thru Phoenix and back thru Texas

underpants knome repelant (think southpark)

A GPS while possibly out of the budget would be a pretty fantastic thing to have for a trip like that... maps sometimes arent that great
wink.gif

-Gun, careful with that one, you'll basically have a conceled weapon, unless you wear it on your hip, some states might not look at that nicely

If you dont have a throttle miester thing, get one of those throttle things that clips onto the grip and lets you pull back on your hand some.

If you dont have a throttle miester thing, get one of those throttle things that clips onto the grip and lets you pull back on your hand some.
what he said about the throttle miester or even a cheap device called the cramp buster...it is worth the $10-15. I just did a 800 mile round trip from Central, AL to East, TN over Labor Day week and it was fantastic for resting your hand and keeping pace!!

Rain-X, waterproof socks, a couple pair of cheap disposable rubber liner gloves, small portable air compressor and the greenslime motorcycle tire inflating stuff, valve stem remover, tool kit,small flashlight,black electrical tape,extra fuses and low beam headlight, maps of each state you plan to ride in,chap stick, asprin,sun glasses, and bungee cords to keep you rain cover over your tank bag from flapping around in the wind when riding.  Also besure to  route out your trip on a piece of paper of all exits and turn for quick ref.  Then place it inside you map compartment ontop of you tank bag for easy viewing.
I dont recommend using but as an alternative while doing long road trips I suggest getting an aersol can of w-d 40 to keep the chain clean,ear plugs, vista cruise controller or throttlemiester so you can rest you throttle hand, spare battery for you phone, and have names and phone numbers of contact people in case of emergency.

My .02 worth

TY

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126727665 -->

For the compressor I went to walmart and bought one of those cheapo portable tire compressor.
For easy carrying on the bike just remove the small iddy biddy compressor from inside the housing by removing a couple of exterior bolts. Then place it in you tank bag or under you rear seat.

There ya go, you own road side asst.

Ty
tounge.gif

Just get yourself one of these...
wink.gif
oh man! THe whole point is on THE BUSA!! :p
biggrin.gif
You're killin me STKR!
biggrin.gif

Great tips everyone. I am addint them to my list. I have one of those cheapo small walmart compressors, never thought of bringing it.

I've got my fast idel lever setup as a "cruise" control already and love it

And I have a GPS but it dont do maps. And it shuts itself off due to vibrations at VHS, so that sucks

biggrin.gif

if you need some mapping software just let me know, I got plenty of it
wink.gif
Got a PDA? I have some that will load on one of those, you just need the little GPS antenna plugin thing and you can check where you are at during stops and such. Just a thought
cool.gif

hey thanks for the offer, but this is my vacation AWAY from PDA devices.
biggrin.gif
Easy ridin freedom! Escape from the coorporate structure! The INternet! The online, all connected, dont mean a thing, self importantized, information processing , artificial intelligence, robotic, pandirectic, amalgamated, synthesized, coustulpathic, mass produced, scheduled and homogulated, restigunated, pawframutated, instepulated, corregated, fabricated, insefurrulized, scupatitulated, grumpenstienentated, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosisated....

basically all that hairy baloney that serves to redirect our attention away from having an actual life.

This sounds dumb, but I'm winging the entire route. I have a general direction, and will follow road signs but no map will I print. Could be a LONG vacation
smile.gif

hey Greg when ya leaving i can mail you my GPS and stem stand just tell me what maps you want me to load in it

thanks for the offer midnight, but since my job [and life] are constantly emmersed in technology, I'm taking a break from all that. gonna navigate by the stars, my thumb and the seat of my pants
biggrin.gif

Good luck on your trip Greg. If you find yourself lost and end up near Milwaukee, give me a shout...you'll have a place to stay and rest.
cool.gif

well greg have fun on the trip i would say id see you back at MAM but they sold out fot this last track day already
sad.gif

I SOOO wanted to attend that, but the timing of this trip negated it. NO WAY I'd ride 3 days after a full on Track day! I'm not THAT MUCH man! hahahhahaa

I'm still planning the trip to Wichita in October though

For the  compressor I went to walmart and bought one of those cheapo portable tire compressor.
For easy carrying on the bike just remove the small iddy biddy compressor from inside the housing by removing a couple of exterior bolts. Then place it in you tank bag or under you rear seat.

There ya go, you own road side asst.

Ty
tounge.gif
i have the same set-up. I did one of those hump mods. replaced the screws with wing-nut type nuts. I have my small compressor and tire repair tools in a crown bag and all fits into the hump. Oh i also cut the wires on the compressor and put on aligator clips and a switch.
later
Michael

Back