Questions for the STRETCHED?? help??

screamin kanji

Donating Member
Registered
I am going to be stretching my Busa probably 3-6 inches. I am getting ready to order the extensions, have em all picked out already(Roaring Toyz). I have looked at some new undertails/fender eliminator, this is the one I am going with Suzuki Hayabusa 1999 - 2007 Undertail Tailguard Black - eBay (item 140517523441 end time Mar-28-11 16:48:08 PDT) . Is there anything else I should order while I'm at it?......... kickstand? (feel free to enclose pics.of kickstands you recommend). ANYTHING ELSE I need to order???

Make sure your brake line is long enough, and also your probably gonna need more chain too:thumbsup: As you stretch the bike, it will also look longer, so lowering links are almost a must, unless you like that high in the rear look... As for the arm, I'm selling a whole built extended arm for $300 shipped off my busa, stock busa arm modded out with no box and 7" extended. Let me know if your interested, I also have a brand new drag chain for the arm I'll sell also...

You gotta lower it. It will look like crap if you dont. Lowering links, brake bar or bar eliminator if your extension kit doesnt have it. Longer brake line and chain and adjustable kickstand. Probably a new tag (licence plate) bracket too.
Edited in- dont forget the longer chaingaurd !

Do it right !

You gotta lower it. It will look like crap if you dont. Lowering links, brake bar or bar eliminator if your extension kit doesnt have it. Longer brake line and chain and adjustable kickstand. Probably a new tag (licence plate) bracket too.
Edited in- dont forget the longer chaingaurd !

Do it right !

+1 This is the way to go!:beerchug:

The bike will have to be lowered in order to look good. Adjustable links are the way to go. The swingarm above sounds like a good deal (you get to keep your stock one). But you will need another brake arm and longer chain, and longer brake line (but you can turn yours on the pedal cylinder to get you by). Also, sometimes with a stretched bike it is harder to ride 2up. You have to adjust your suspension to accomodate.
It really isnt worth doing unless you are going to drag race or show the bike. It makes the bike turn slower and it is harder to manuver (sp?) around due to the excess length. JMO

Yes, but it looks kick ass !

101_0376.jpg

The bike will have to be lowered in order to look good. Adjustable links are the way to go. The swingarm above sounds like a good deal (you get to keep your stock one). But you will need another brake arm and longer chain, and longer brake line (but you can turn yours on the pedal cylinder to get you by). Also, sometimes with a stretched bike it is harder to ride 2up. You have to adjust your suspension to accomodate.
It really isnt worth doing unless you are going to drag race or show the bike. It makes the bike turn slower and it is harder to manuver (sp?) around due to the excess length. JMO

I actually have a brake bar eliminator I plan to give with it. As for kickstand, that all depends on how low you go. If yours isint chrome, chop it and have it welded, thats what I did. Shock wise, tighten the compression, and crang the spring if your too worried, but I would be unless you do ride 2 up alot. Handling is a lil different, but dont let folks scare you on it. Most of that is all in the ride height. No you cant rail like a stock wb bike, but if you not a knee dragger, then you wont have any issues whatsoever! Oh and x1000 on the "looks badass" lol...

AMEN brothers in stretch !:beerchug:

Now- lets start our own pic thread !

I'll start a new one !

Back