Question On De-cat And O2 Sensor.

Well I've decided to decat and go with the PCV & PC Autotune wideband sensor. I'm expecting to do a lot of changes and looking at a fair bit of dyno time ... Autotune looks like the cheaper way ahead.

On another note .. Will the ECU Editor map I installed need to be reset back to standard if using the PCV ?

No
The ecu flash is fine with the PC5.
Dont know what dyno prices are there, but a dyno tune should be cheaper than the Auto Tune. And much easier for you.

Get a dyno tune. Auto tune isn't the best bang for the buck.
I've seen a real dyno tune vs a flashed ecu vs auto tune on the same bike same dyno, guess which made the most hp, torque & perfect afr?
A true dyno did

Dyno prices are quite expensive over here .. An Autotune box is worth about 3 hours of dyno time .... So as I'm doing work over a few months, the dyno will end up costing me a lot more.

Dyno prices are quite expensive over here .. An Autotune box is worth about 3 hours of dyno time .... So as I'm doing work over a few months, the dyno will end up costing me a lot more.

3 hours should be enough time for a basically stock engine with exhaust

Like the guys said, dyno tune is best. I have a flashed ECU and a PCV dyno tuned. If I understand correctly, you are worried about having to go back for a retune every time you make a change, but why not wait until you get all your upgrades installed and then get it tuned. Is not like the engine is going to fail due to, for example, an exhaust system without a tune. A lot of guys on the forum have ran an aftermarket exhaust without a tune, myself included. Good luck on making your bike the way you want it.

Back