Question For Mozilla Firefox Users..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Suddenly I have to re-log onto all my stuff on my Mozilla account (such as the Org.) everytime I open them, even my Gmail. Just came home, turned my comp. on and this was how it was. Seems to be not storing my cookies, but on my Yahoo IE account everything is working as normal. Just open the sites and go straight in, no logging on required, as it always has been. Also I notice on Mozilla, YouTube no longer works as it should, but once again, still business as usual on IE.
Where do I look for the problem/solution on Mozilla? I've checked "options", nothing obvious there, nothing in the "help" section refering to anything like this.
Not a major thing but still a nuisance. Leave the Org or any other forum, go look at an add or something, come back and have to enter board name and PW to re-log onto the board again.
Any ideas?

HillbillyTom, It sounds like you maybe fighting a few problems and not just one. Check your cookie settings which are located in your tools menu under options. In the options window click on privacy and make sure both check boxes are check under cookies and that the cookies are kept until expired.

I would also check your add-ons under the tool menu. I've seen add-ons create some really weird problems for firefox. You can also start firefox in safe mode to see if a add-on or a setting is causing this behavior. Follow the directions here on how to use safe mode and reset things back to default:
Safe Mode:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, had all my bookmarked sites in the "Scrapbook", now Scrapbook and everything in it is gone. Good thing I have most everything on my IE account too.
Think it's time to move back to IE and just use Mozilla for embedding videos on the Org (the reason I opened it in the first place). Oh well.:rolleyes:

I just updated my Spy Bot Search & Destroy and when I ran it, it deleted all my cookies and had to re-login to everything. If you have any particular type of spyware/malware scanners that you run periodically that could be an issue as well, check your settings.

never any issues with mine.. did you upgrade? add new software? change anything prior to the new problem?

I have Spy Bot too but it only scans when I tell it to, no automatic scanning. It's something in the Mozilla settings themselves because everything is working great on my IE account. Checked everything I can find but nothing appears amiss. Just not saving the cookies.:banghead:
Dunno, I'll look around some more on it when I get off work.

If you have your Privacy settings up then Firefox will clean everything when you close it. Check under Tools -> Options -> Privacy and down on the tab you will see "Private Data".

If you have it clearing everything then it's doing what you've told it to.

(on my laptop I clear everything in "Settings" except passwords)

mine works fine, try to restore your computer to a time and date when there where no problems...

Back