Question about K&N oil filter

sam46

Registered
i bought a K&N oil filter.

and my questions are:

1-->Is there any problem with the oil pressure?and as a result the engine should have problem in the future??

2-->Is it better than the original oil filter?or i waste my money??

the filter i bought

K_N.jpg

From everything I've heard, the stock filter is about the best. I've heard enough people say it that I've not bothered trying other ones.

I've used a K&N since breakin along with Amsoil synth. No problems and its much easier to remove and replace.

I've used both and my bike seems just fine with either one, so you'll be okay with either....
thumb_up.gif

I've used both and my bike seems just fine with either one, so you'll be okay with either....  
thumb_up.gif
On a 'busa with stock heads and cams, the stock filter flows as much as the stock airbox can pass.

A performance filter needs the small airbox mod to take advantage of the better breathing filter.

And this is only over 9000 rpm.

It does save you money in replacement filters. Unless you ride in excessively dusty environs, a properly oiled K&N should last at least 10,000 miles without any attention at all.

If dirty, clean and oil and your good for another 10+K; but don't over oil!

Blue1

A K&N oil filter will filter as well as an OEM filter and has the hex on it to make it easier to remove in some applications. A performance air filter may not filter as fine a particle as an OEM air filter but this is the trade off you make to get increased air flow. However this is not the case with an oil filter. Your oil pressure will be the same. It will filter the same and not any better from what I have read from a guy who disassembled several different brands of oil filters to see what differences were inside. So unless you need the nut on the back to help get it off, I would say stick with the OEM

Back