PS3 or 360?

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
I want to play online racing games, madden, etc. Which one is better and what do I need to play them online? Just looking for personal experiences.

Had 360 premium, now have 60GB ps3.
Prefer the ps3 between the two.
360 has more games right now, but it has been out longer.
For online play with the 360 you have to buy a wireless adapter unless you want to use an ethernet cable; you also have to pay $50 a year for online xbox live service.
360 uses regular dvd's. If you want to play hd-dvd you have to buy a $200 add on disc drive.

PS3 online service is free with built in wireless. While it doesn't have as many demos as xbox live it still is free to play any game on or such. Built in bluetooth. Built in blu-ray drive.
There are more differences, but here are a few that swayed me towards Sony.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.

bump.gif

This is probaly going to get ugly and people will disagree with me, but I have both. Hands down I would take a 360 better graphics, better frame rates, larger game selection, and by far better online service even though it has a fee($49.99 a year). When it comes to racing games Forza Motorsport is one of the best to date. Not to mention Project Gotham and Moto GP. PS3 fans will say what about Gran Turismo, but to date it hasn't been released on a next gen platform and it doesn't look to be in the near future. Any how PS3's only major benifit is a Blu-Ray dvd player. Now 3 years from now when they are using the hardware to it's full capacity I might change my mind, but for now Xbox 360 for games and a PS3 if you want to watch movies. That's my
2cents.gif

I went PS3 for Blu-ray, built in wireless, and PS2 compatibility. Zero fee for online was a plus. To me, it's all depends on the FUN of the games for the systems, NOT how cool they look graphically. The 360 might be stronger graphically, but it will never play my collection of PS2 motorcycle games like Suzuki Superbike TT and Tourist Trophy. It's all about gaming [and BluRay] so the PS3 was just a better fit for my needs. I have nothing against the 360 and I am sure it is a great unit

If it's the games you are after, check in at
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

for total rankings. I've found it to be a pretty good measuring stick

I have both PS3 and XBox 360. Both has there ups and downs. My opinion I like the PS3 better. Don't choose the 360 because of price. Yes the PS3 cost more than 360 but by the time you bring the 360 up to PS3 standard (i.e. wireless and online capabilities) they both cost the same. If you have the money get both of them because there are probably games thatyou want to play that might made just for one of the systems. Don't say you are going to wait until the price go down because you will be waiting long time, it already dropped once.

Depends on what you play and if you want to wait to play it. There is a lot of factors you have to look at..

Online:
There is no way anybody who has an P3 can even think to say that online is better on a P3 than a 360. I could go in detail but do I really need to? Xbox live is by far WAY better than anything Sony has to offer. Ok it is free big deal that $4 a month does not burn a hole in my pocket. You get what you pay for plain and simple. Not to mention there are games that came out in both the P3 and 360 yet the P3 DOES NOT have online play.. Matter of fact there is more than a few games that are like that..

Games out:
Again P3 is way behind.. Yes I know that the 360 has been out for a year longer.. But, look at the games coming out for P3.. They are STILL making games for the P2 and the bad thing is these are games that might not even be out for 6+ months. Why? because P3 sales are bad. There is 3 times(17.7 mil to 5.5 mil) as many 360's as P3s. So there are 3 times as many buyers buying games. Again yes I know that the 360 has been out a year longer but the 4th qtr of 2007 the 360 sold almost 5 mil consoles. By the way thanks halo 3. The Wii and P3 were released at the same time and the Wii is right at 8 mil in sales. But this one is easy.. Go to Wal-mart and just look at the games section and that will give you a good idea of how the P3 is doing. There is a lot of games that the 360 release and then it takes the P3 3 to 6 months to release. That is NOT ok in my book. The console has been out for a year now and that is NOT acceptable to STILL be that far behind.

Connection:
LOL who cares if it is wireless to the internet? I don't run mine wireless there is no need to. If you really needed wireless, you could always get one on-line. I'm sure the cost difference between the 360 and the P3 would more than cover a wireless connection.

Movies:
Not really getting into this again but yea if you want to buy a console to watch blu-ray movies, than the P3 is your console. The 360 you will need to spend the extra $100 (on ebay all day long at around that price) if you want to watch HD-DVD movies.

Future: It is rumored that xbox will release their new box next year. That would put xbox 360 at 3 years old and time to release something new.  P3's problem is it was pushed to far back and buyers who wanted top of the line gaming console HAD TO buy the 360. Then they release at the same time as the Wii and got outsold by them.

The only thing the P3 has going for it is the fact that it does play Blu-ray discs. If they didn't have that, they would be dead and buried.. Now they are just on life support...

But.. of course... I could be wrong..
corner2.png

I have both. Here is what I use each for:

XBOX 360 -
Playing games
Playing DVD (PS3 is too damn noisy)
Playing games online
Ipod is hooked up
Media Center with my other computers on the network

PS3 -
Watching Blu-Ray movies
Downloading movie trailers
I might play some downloaded demos once in a while

For me, I actually use the PS3 more, but not as a gaming rig. If you are after a gaming rig the 360 is the way to go. If you add on everything to the 360 to make it more of an apples to apples comparison they run about the same price, the nice thing is that Microsoft didn't force you to buy it all up front.

That promose of power from the ps3 is all hype. The 360 is a little better. The online service is worth it.

360 is the best for online play.
I have had it since the day it was released. The online play is so awesome. I am a madden freak. I play it every year the day it is released. Get the 360 give me your gamer tag we will get into some madden, I was in the top 9 in 06.

Back