Prototype 300MPG under $30K

Pretty neat looking ride..
thumb_up.gif

Did not see top end, wonder if it hits highway speeds. 11 seconds to 60? Ouch.

11 seconds seems pretty respectable. Better than many V8 cars from the 70s and 80s.

I wonder how long a recharge takes and how much current each full charge requires?

Groups.MSN Images Missing

Groups.MSN Images Missing

Ugly as sin in the rear, but 300mpg ... it'll pay for itself in no time.

I'd hit it.
ThumbsUp.gif

The math doesn't work. There is simply not enough potential energy in 1 gallon of gasoline to push a 1500 lb vehicle and 2.5 passengers at 60mph for 300 miles.

Numbers seem a bit high, but we will see. Prototypes always have great facts about them. Remember the Molor flying cars, still waiting for mine.

The math doesn't work. There is simply not enough potential energy in 1 gallon of gasoline to push a 1500 lb vehicle and 2.5 passengers at 60mph for 300 miles.
Sounds like it's an electric car. I don't believe the engine is used for anything other than charging the batteries. If you drive it as much as a normal car, your savings may not be that great after you factor in the electric utility bill at the end of the month.
One thing it has going for it is decent range at 600 miles.

Just wait until it has to pass the CRASH  
banghead.gif
test ! Then it will weight twice as much, cost twice as much and be VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY slow
sad.gif
. Which is what has happen to alot of prototypes. That's why these advance vehicles going from show to go, very, very seldom happens  
boohoo.gif

Just wait until it has to pass the CRASH  
banghead.gif
test ! Then it will weight twice as much, cost twice as much and be VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY slow
sad.gif
. Which is what has happen to alot of prototypes. That's why these advance vehicles going from show to go, very, very seldom happens  
boohoo.gif
There's a loop hole in that picture. One item is missing which allows it to be sold and registered as a motorcycle.
smile.gif

Back