Prices for Service Manuals

LCW

Registered
I ordered my '03 SV1000 shop manual today from the Suzuki dealer. Not the one I usually go to, the one I trust, a closer one that I and many others don't. My cost: $43. I ordered my '03 busa shop manual from the one I usually go to and trust, but that one cost me around $90. WTF? Does the bike cost correllate to the cost of the shop manual?

mad.gif

Keep an Eye on Ebay, I got the Paper shop manual, the micro fiche, and CD for about $24... for the Hayabusa... with the 02 and 03 additions.

Well guess what? I got mine for FREE...that's right boys and girls...FREE! All it cost me was a Hayabusa.org t-shirt to none other than the number one genii himself...Mr. Owen Brennan (loud cheers and applause). Now stand up and take a bow young man...
jump9.gif
bowdown.gif

Brian

Oh I'm sorry boys and girls. Mr Owen Brennan goes by the board name "Big O" for those of you who didn't know or ride those little short yellow buses...
biggrin.gif

I took my digital copy on a disk to Office Max they printed it out and ring bound it for about $30.

But free is better...

I don't mind paying for the book. Someone wrote it, they deserve some dough, and I like the convenience of having a hardcopy (is the electronic copy you guys are making hardcopies out of Copyrighted?). But I don't like paying unreasonable amounts. Just wanted to know what those of you who did buy it from the dealer (not the Clymers) paid. So it sounds like the price is more like $50 and I paid double what I should have. Good to know...

Yeah...$50 for me from my dealer; and it was an 03 manual...

Can you send it back, get your money back? Buy another one from someone that's not looking to make more than they should on it?

...oh, and that was the price shipped to me...if my memory serves me correctly...

I don't mind paying for the book.  Someone wrote it, they deserve some dough, and I like the convenience of having a hardcopy (is the electronic copy you guys are making hardcopies out of Copyrighted?).  But I don't like paying unreasonable amounts.  Just wanted to know what those of you who did buy it from the dealer (not the Clymers) paid.  So it sounds like the price is more like $50 and I paid double what I should have.  Good to know...
It is stored on a CD and all you need to run it is the password and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is more convenient in the sense that you can look at pictures and blow them up to really large sizes. Acrobat Reader is a good program for files that have been scanned. You can just point your mouse over just a small area that you want to look at and increase it's size and print out exactly what you want. What makes this deal just that much better is that you can download Acrobat Reader for FREE also. Damn, I hope I'm not pissin' anyone off. I realize we spend a lot of money on our bikes, but the line has got to be drawn somewhere. I mean, we don't even get the little tool to remove the front wheel.
smile.gif
I find it to be convenient in the sense that I am able to print out only the pages that I need and then throw them away later after getting oil and grease all over everything. Gotta luv it...

Brian

i just got one off of ebay for 10 bucks it has micro finch and some other crap on it. The other manual has big picturs and everything its great. i think it even has the color combos. If you want me to send you a copy let me know.

Hit me up, Him. I want one and what year does it cover ?

the service manual covers the 99 model and im not sure what the micro finch covers. the service manual has great pictures though let me know if u still want one

I downloaded mine from h.org and then printed a hard copy from work. I dont even use it but is good to have just in case. i just go to the page i need and print that page from the digital copy.

its also good for cheap as do it yourselfers like me. Wish i had it when i was installing my exhaust would have saved a lot of time and injuries

Back