Power commander?

kod3001

Registered
I'm about to fit a pair of Yoshimura end cans, not the full system yet... need to save up a bit more.

I thought it would be a good time to fit a power commander, looking at the PCIII usb. I've had a look at previous posts, but was wondering...

- Are they straight forward to fit? and how?
- Do they work straight out of the box or do I need to spend a day with the laptop?
- Are they going to offer me much improved enginer performance, efficiency etc.??
- Will the PCIII usb work with a 2000 Busa?

Thanks.

I have an 04 limited Busa. I put a full yosh tri oval and a K&N air filter on my bike along with the dyno jet power commander. I had it installed by a pro and had to take it back once to be reset due to a low end flat spot. I definently noticed a tremendous increase in power throughout the entire throttle range. Also I had it dynoed and the numbers were a lot better with my upgrades. The only adverse part to the power commander is I lost fuel econmy. I get around 25-28 miles per gal. My theroy is if you want power you have to compromise fuel which is fine w/me. I bought the bike for the power not for an econmy ride. As far as a 2000 busa I'm pretty sure there is an application (software) included with the power commander, or can easily be downloaded from the company site. BUT i would definently put the exhaust and air breather on first before the power commander or you will end up having to change settings. Good luck Busa Brother!

you dont need a power commander with just slip ons.....period. If you still want to install one, its about a ten minute job to do the install. Then upload the map (if its not already there) into the power commander and your all done. On a scale of 1 to ten on the difficulty meter its a 2 if that. The 2000 busa will use a USB, but you can go with a PC II r on that year and its cheaper.

you dont need a power commander with just slip ons.....period.  If you still want to install one, its about a ten minute job to do the install.  Then upload the map (if its not already there) into the power commander and your all done.  On a scale of 1 to ten on the difficulty meter its a 2 if that.  The 2000 busa will use a USB, but you can go with a PC II r on that year and its cheaper.
+1

you dont need a power commander with just slip ons.....period. If you still want to install one, its about a ten minute job to do the install. Then upload the map (if its not already there) into the power commander and your all done. On a scale of 1 to ten on the difficulty meter its a 2 if that. The 2000 busa will use a USB, but you can go with a PC II r on that year and its cheaper.
+1
+ 2

- Are they straight forward to fit? and how? [/QUOTE]
..Yes!! They are very easy to install. You have to just un-plug your ECU (Under the Riders seat), plug it into the PC3 and then plug the PC3 connector back into the ECU.

- Do they work straight out of the box or do I need to spend a day with the laptop? [/QUOTE]
This being your first time, you might require about 30 minutes to read the instructions and then set the TPS (Throtle Position Sensor) and load up a stock MAP.... or a MAP for the Yoshimura End cans in your case. The MAPs come on a CD with the power commander

- Are they going to offer me much improved enginer performance, efficiency etc.?? [/QUOTE]
Having a PC3, and a good MAP will definetly make your engine performance smoother. But, with only aftermarket endcans... you will not have any significant performance enhancements. If you need to enhance your engine performance you will have to go for a full exhaust system, and a proper MAP for the PC3

- Will the PCIII usb work with a 2000 Busa? [/QUOTE]
It will! But the model of PC3 USB for 99-01 is different from the one that they use for from 02 - 05. Someone please correct me if im wrong....

...and Like the others said, you wont be "actually" needing a PC3 if you intend to go only for the end cans.

Back